So as a webber main ik a LOT of lore and abilities webber has. I will mainly be talking about the ability side for many reasons.

I dont wanna sound harsh but webber is bad but good. What I mean is I don't think klei intended for webber to be able to start spider wars.(it seems very unlikely because of webber's personality)

Many of the characters perks are very clear to use. Most people wouldn't have guessed "Hey what if I get one spider to attack another" even after many times of playing webber I had to get someone to tell me that.

Then there is other uses like getting spiders to kill a aoe boss. But the only 3 bosses that will work well is moose/goose, beequeen, and ancient guardian. But again it will take TONS of spiders for anything past moose/goose.

And again I dont think klei thought that webber could do that (other than moose/goose maybe).his abilities dont actually mean anything until you put your monkey brains together to find a solution.

Sure having a army of spiders is nice for protecting you. But the 1 or 2 pigs can easily be killed or just left alone.

( here is the part where I put in suggestions and ask about your ideas. Was long so I put it in a spoiler)

Spoiler

Honestly I dont have much suggestions because I love the character and believe klei will do a great job but I do have a few ideas that would be pretty cool

Let webber craft all web types and make them much cheaper than what we normally had to use.

Let webber be able to give monster meat to a den to lure out 3 spiders so you dont have to hit the den to get them out and eventually break it.

Let webber downgrade dens and be able to sleep in dens ( a higher tier is better sleep has a chance to downgrade).

I dont know when or IF webber will be reworked but if he doesn't I still wanna thank klei for a awesome character:)

You can also kill easily bee queen with his army

The thing is plant nest in areas where you will want to fight. Is not that bad perk, only useless against aoe bosses (like every army)

Also making spider wars is a thing, not something unplanned, like making bunny wars, pig wars, etc

7 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Also making spider wars is a thing, not something unplanned, like making bunny wars, pig wars, etc

And the problem with spider wars is it doesn't fit webber too well. Here are a line of what he says when he examines a dead spider "another lost friend.". If spider wars were intentional wouldn't he not think of them as friends or at least not care if they die

13 hours ago, Webber is bes said:

dont know when or IF webber will be reworked but if he doesn't I still wanna thank klei for a awesome character:)

All characters will be reworked, well except maybe wes and wilson, but we'll see that, so Webber will most definitely get reworked, and I am eagerly awaiting that moment, as he may not be that good right now, there is A LOT of potential in Webber, that I'm sure Klei will bring out of him. After all, all the reworks thus far were pretty satisfying, at least for me they were.

Why are all these rework threads not in the suggestions part of the forums where they belong? :( 

All of the games default cast (and maybe if I’m lucky DLC cast too since Warly and Wormwood were ALSO Reworked and They come from the Shipwrecked and Hamlet DLC Add On’s for the single player game) Will be Reworked.

Characters We KNOW will eventually get reworks- 

Wilson

Wes

Wickerbottom

Wolfgang

Webber

Maxwell

WX78

Wigfrid

Characters who MAY be Reworked but are DLC so don’t technically count as part of the Default cast Rework List-
However Warly & Wormwood were Reworked and they're from the DLCs.

Walani (Shipwrecked)

Woodlegs (Shipwrecked)

Wilbur (Shipwrecked)

Wheeler (Hamlet)

Wilba (Hamlet)

Wagstaff (Hamlet) 

Wurt (DST Exclusive)

Wortox (DST Exclusive)

Walter (DST Exclusive)

(Here’s my full Character roster for aid Excluding the Shipwrecked & Hamlet ones)

AB02E3E5-6AF8-4659-955E-C724FB016E9F.thumb.jpeg.2705babc200feaceee441858d95ede49.jpeg

Characters ALREADY Reworked-

Wendy

Woodie

Willow

Winona

Warly

Wormwood

The TL:DR- Klei has at the very least not counting DLC 8 more characters to be reworked, If we count the DLC Cast (and I god I Sincerely hope that we Can) they have a whopping 14 characters to Refresh.

Klei has their work cut out for them no doubt, but until they announce otherwise... I’m going to be expecting the core cast (not counting DLC) to get their TLC updates.

Archived