Any way to change land into the new ocean?

The ocean is generated at the start of the world along side the land. As far as i know you cant change the way they generate. However there might be a way or a mod that lets you change world generation at the start of a new world. I dont know about an exisiting world how ever. 

Also you could build base at lunar island if you want to. Its an island afterall. 

There's a mod in the Steam workshop called 'Simple Map Editor Fix' that allows you to modify the map with new ocean turf:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1848571133&searchtext=map+editor

There's an older version of it that doesn't include the new ocean turf, so be sure to use the version in the link above.  Also, you may need to save and restart the server to get the map to recognize the ocean as water so you can't walk on it.  If you don't, it might continue to act like land.

9 hours ago, bagherthegamer said:

The ocean is generated at the start of the world along side the land. As far as i know you cant change the way they generate....Also you could build base at lunar island if you want to. Its an island afterall. 

Ah yes that's another option but I prefer to make an artificial island and leaving the natural one as it is

9 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I dont know how it works but rhovious talked about a mod that can make islands

That's indeed really interesting input from rhovious

9 hours ago, noeticmoose said:

There's a mod in the Steam workshop called 'Simple Map Editor Fix' that allows you to modify the map with new ocean turf:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1848571133&searchtext=map+editor

There's an older version of it that doesn't include the new ocean turf, so be sure to use the version in the link above.  Also, you may need to save and restart the server to get the map to recognize the ocean as water so you can't walk on it.  If you don't, it might continue to act like land.

Thanks for the link, I only found the older version before that's why I'm asking in this forum. I will give it a try

1 hour ago, Wave_Hunter said:

Ah yes that's another option but I prefer to make an artificial island and leaving the natural one as it is

That's indeed really interesting input from rhovious

Thanks for the link, I only found the older version before that's why I'm asking in this forum. I will give it a try

Great! Let me know if it works out.

It would definitely be interesting to see Klei allow us to mess with land and ocean tiles. Would make a super cool boss drop, maybe as your reward for conquering the oceans (whoever you'd need to beat up for that is uncertain) you'd gain the ability to make a tool for creating and destroying land tiles. It wouldn't be too broken, at that point you should have scoured all of the seas anyway. For those day 9999 megabase guys it'd be a dream come true.

13 hours ago, bitcrushed_rage said:

It would definitely be interesting to see Klei allow us to mess with land and ocean tiles. Would make a super cool boss drop, maybe as your reward for conquering the oceans (whoever you'd need to beat up for that is uncertain) you'd gain the ability to make a tool for creating and destroying land tiles. It wouldn't be too broken, at that point you should have scoured all of the seas anyway. For those day 9999 megabase guys it'd be a dream come true.

If anything I'd kill for the ability to relocate or build ponds

On 7/1/2020 at 7:40 AM, noeticmoose said:

Great! Let me know if it works out.

The mod doesn't have problem when creating a new land even though the player unable to walk over it at first as this can be fixed by restating the sever. However, turning a land into a new ocean has a problem. You can notice that the new ocean created by the mod has more wave fx when you compare it to the original ocean and this fx bleeds into the lands next to the edited land (the land turned into the ocean using the mod).

I told the author regarding this issue this is what he replied "To be honest, I'm a little too lazy to look for the cause of this problem, so if I fix it, then most likely not soon. I think it make take n number of days (lim n > infinity)" :-|

On 7/1/2020 at 8:21 AM, bitcrushed_rage said:

It would definitely be interesting to see Klei allow us to mess with land and ocean tiles....For those day 9999 megabase guys it'd be a dream come true.

The first sentence already sounds broken to me. Though I asked it for myself to create artificial lunar island using the Architect pack mod.

Archived