What weapons to DST players use?

What weapons do players use?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. What Melee weapons in Don't Starve have you used more than a few times?

• Dark Sword
    • Glass Cutter
    • Strident Trident
    • Thulicite Club
    • Ham Bat
    • Tentacle Spike
    • Morning Star
    • Bat Bat
    • Spear
    • Tail o' Three Cats
  2. 2. What Ranged weapons in Don't Starve have you used more than a few times?

• Boomerang
    • Blow Dart
    • Sleep Dart
    • Fire Dart
    • Electric Dart
    • Ice Staff
    • Fire Staff
    • Weather Pain

I'm boring.  Spear and tentacle spike.  I tend to turn the meat used for a hambat into honey ham or meaty stew, and the skins usually become football helmets or umbrellas.  (I don't really have like, pig FARMS, so I don't have tons of those materials just lying around.)  I run worlds with random season lengths, so having umbrellas on hand to deal with sudden rain OR heat is more worth my time.
--Axe or random other tools if my real weapon breaks mid-combat and I don't have another one handy, or if I want to fight in the really early days before I've found any gold.   
--Tentacle spikes, because if you stroll through the swamp grabbing the leavings of war like some kind of adventuring vulture, they're often FREE!

Ice staffs I like to use to aggro annoying runny-away things (HI KOALEPHANT) or stop stuff in its tracks occasionally.  And the Willow-main in me would LIKE me to use the fire staff more...but I know better.  : P 
Boomerangs?  I COULD make those. But I hardly ever do. 
Darts are SO not worth it.  It's not even a dart _gun_; it's just one.  singular.  DART!  I've always thought that was dumb.  Surely, the reed is to make a tube to blow darts, PLURAL, from.  At least, that's what I always pictured.  Does it rip after just one use or something? 

I've used the Weather Pain and Morning Star a few times, but mostly just for the novelty.  Basically if the ingredients require me to deal with the ruins, beat tougher monsters (I suck at combat) or can be better used for something I happen to like better, I don't make that weapon.

...Notorious

14 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

....Notorious

That reminds me, Hamlet is Hard.. like insanely hard (especially if your used to the peaceful hand-holding experience that is DST)

Hostile mobs that spawn from chopped down trees.. Grass that requires a tool to gather.. Piko eating the seeds you would’ve used to plant new trees.. Biomes that are hazardous to step foot in without proper protection.. Hamlet is HARD!!!

Combat is especially demanding in Hamlet due to the new mobs with new attacks.. 

When it comes to what Weapon I find myself using most in Hamlet- It’s most often The Machete Or an Axe.. despite those NOT being a proper Combat tool... it’s probably the item I’m holding in my hand at the time when a random Scorpion drops on my face.

Archived