Walter glass cannon

I've played Walter for quite a few hours now and i really loved him untill the point where we had to fight bosses. I am encouraged to fight from range (so i am not helping with tanking damage at all) but even if i use cursed rounds i end up doing much less damage than the other survivors while constantly attacking and not sharing the damage taken. Its such a shame that the character is so well made and  so fun to play but is just a weight on the shoulders of the other survivors because some damage numbers. I've calculated my damage compared to other survivors in battles and almost in all of them i did much less while essentially forcing the others to protect me. isn't a 'glass cannon' supposed to be a good damage source? For now walter sure is glass since he is majorly screwed if he tries to fight up close but has nothing to compensate for it in battle. 

I think when you take into account characters need to kite and dodge attacks while walter doesnt as long as he has someone else attacking the boss then i think he does more damage. Hes meant more as a support in that sense due to his slingshot not taking aggro from other characters or mobs, hes meant to stay behind the fight, in my opinion

54 minutes ago, olivvvv said:

I've played Walter for quite a few hours now and i really loved him untill the point where we had to fight bosses. I am encouraged to fight from range (so i am not helping with tanking damage at all) but even if i use cursed rounds i end up doing much less damage than the other survivors while constantly attacking and not sharing the damage taken. Its such a shame that the character is so well made and  so fun to play but is just a weight on the shoulders of the other survivors because some damage numbers. I've calculated my damage compared to other survivors in battles and almost in all of them i did much less while essentially forcing the others to protect me. isn't a 'glass cannon' supposed to be a good damage source? For now walter sure is glass since he is majorly screwed if he tries to fight up close but has nothing to compensate for it in battle. 

5 minutes ago, meep44 said:

I think when you take into account characters need to kite and dodge attacks while walter doesnt as long as he has someone else attacking the boss then i think he does more damage. Hes meant more as a support in that sense due to his slingshot not taking aggro from other characters or mobs, hes meant to stay behind the fight, in my opinion

2 minutes ago, joker177 said:

The slingshot can provide poor dps.Attack speed is  slow.I would rather use Shadow Blade or Ham Stick.

His ranged attack is slow, but his melee is the same as any other character. If you know how to kite, you can completely negate the issue of taking damage from bosses. If a Wes or Wormwood can no damage DF, you can kite bosses with Walter and melee.

Just now, jpmrocks said:

His ranged attack is slow, but his melee is the same as any other character. If you know how to kite, you can completely negate the issue of taking damage from bosses. If a Wes or Wormwood can no damage DF, you can kite bosses with Walter and melee.

Yes, I know how to kite the boss without being hurt.But  won't change my view of his slingshot. because it made me even more bored with his slingshot.except for the hatred used to attract elephants in the early game.

I personally see him more as a beginner friendly character. The sling might be lower dps, but it would allow someone who's inexperienced with combat to at least participate. Walter is more of a ranged utility character then a glass cannon.

5 minutes ago, Well-met said:

it's mostly lingo for shooter games.

It's just game lingo in general. Honestly, I don't think I've ever heard talk of glass cannons in shooters.

8 hours ago, jpmrocks said:

I understand this fact, but that would make him a character that less-pefer to combat when he is not the host admin or play in local

when the fact internet delay in real world is considered

then Walter would demand great-internet-connection to perform a lower combat power than average characters can do in gameplay

as average gameplay, it is unreliable to dodge every attack

you can't expect everyone can dodge all attack in ranged when internet delay is happened on public server

I personally wouldn't want Walter deal so little damage from ranged when having worse tanking combat,

especially with sometimes-good sometimes-bad ping on dedicated server

I'm not asking Walter's slingshot to have better damage than Wigfrid or Wolfgang

I think Walter should have range dps as close as how melee can do, or slightly better

most people probably haven't tried yet, Walter's slingshot is actually bad at fighting moose

although moose is the easiest to melee fight compare to most boss

somehow I feel it is actually even more difficult to use Walter's slingshot at solo Moose

it seems to be Moose's attack-switch-to-movement is faster, and howl that force you drop the weapon

Archived