Encrypted Walter animation file?

image.thumb.png.5bbeae2c8c2dc89f027d8e8d09629641.png

Normally encrypted files are to keep skins, Paid characters and the such hidden so people can't usually just open them up and then mod them in. But why is Walter's base skin encrypted? He isn't a paid character so there's no reason to encrypt his regular look, :{ I really wanted to do something with his character assets.

In first instance seems Walter was supposed to be a paid character too. But then, with all that BLM and "USA protests" debacle, KLei decided to make it free (for whole situation's optics I reckon). Yet didn't bother further or hadn't had time to change the encryption aspect (future updates may correct this).

• Developer

Ahhh, you caught a quirk of our pipeline/engine. The bug is that Walter's source files are located in the wrong directory and are subsequently being built with the wrong settings. When I'm hooking up art I'm typically just dealing with the built files in the data folder, so I rarely notice where they are sourced from. The engine handles the two files seamlessly so I didn't notice anything wrong in testing. I'll fix up these settings for the next update.

I just noticed that the ghost is wrong too. I'll fix that up too. Thanks!

• Developer
14 minutes ago, Bellium said:

Wait, Walter's ghost is still messed up?!

No it works fine now. There's just an internal issue with it's settings. Doesn't affect the user experience though.

Archived