ModoX    0

I get the below - Klei, Steam, and Epic accounts all use the same email address, are logged in and verified. Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.12e3b0632543f9144ccbbfb67307b013.png

wyrdautumn    0
3 hours ago, nome said:

That error suggests that you used different emails for the two accounts. Note: we don't care about what email you gave steam or epic, just the ones you registered with Klei. So pick which email you want in the end and make both match it. Let me know if that doesn't sort it for you.

I'm having the same issue. I double checked that Klei, EGS, and Steam are all under the same email address, and they are, but it's still giving me the error.

O-Bot    1

I get this error message every time I try to merge the accounts.

It thinks my emails don't match, but they do and have already been verified.

Is there any way around this?

Klei user ID:  KU_nrWS-2Ni

Screenshot (5).png

Edited by O-Bot
add id info

O-Bot    1
59 minutes ago, oldmannagle said:

For those still having the email error issue like O-Bot above:

• Sign in to Klei through Epic, confirm email by checking your email inbox and clicking the link. Logout. (This will create one "KU_" user ID.)
  • Sign in to Klei through Steam, confirm email by checking your email inbox and clicking the link. Logout. (This will create a different "KU_" user ID.)
  • Sign back in to Klei through Epic...then go through the merge accounts process.

My problem was that I never signed in through Steam...or I did but never went to get the email confirmed. I'm not sure. Either way, it's that both "KU_" User IDs need to be confirmed as the same email address.

Thanks oldmannagle, this solved the issue for me.

• Like 1

Oakenhold    0

Hi Klei,

I have successfully merged my Steam and Epic accounts, but Giftlands is showing as Unknown Status.

Klei User ID: KU_U-eLrvI1

image.thumb.png.1ff15f387c0906e76de2d1e126df6336.png

nome    4936
50 minutes ago, Oakenhold said:

I have successfully merged my Steam and Epic accounts, but Giftlands is showing as Unknown Status.

This probably means you either haven't launched griftlands on epic, or didn't do it through the epic launcher. When you launch the game on epic it tells us that you own it so we can give it to you on steam.

• Thanks 1

Oakenhold    0
1 minute ago, nome said:

This probably means you either haven't launched griftlands on epic, or didn't do it through the epic launcher. When you launch the game on epic it tells us that you own it so we can give it to you on steam.

Apologies, I've only bought the game on Steam. Does this mean that I cannot add the game into my Epic account?

max mick    0

I'm having issues merging my accounts, it says I need both my epic games and my steam emails to be the same but I have double checked and they are. they are also the same email associated with my klei account. I believe all my accounts are verified as well

Capture.PNG

Edited by max mick

nome    4936
11 minutes ago, Oakenhold said:

Apologies, I've only bought the game on Steam. Does this mean that I cannot add the game into my Epic account?

Unfortunately epic was not able to get us a granting API on time, we tried to get it working but they had a lot going on. As soon as we get one I'll be happy to add the steam -> epic direction as well, but I have no idea when or if that will come.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

zonefat    1
3 hours ago, oldmannagle said:

• Sign in to Klei through Epic, confirm email by checking your email inbox and clicking the link. Logout. (This will create one "KU_" user ID.)
  • Sign in to Klei through Steam, confirm email by checking your email inbox and clicking the link. Logout. (This will create a different "KU_" user ID.)
  • Sign back in to Klei through Epic...then go through the merge accounts process.

My problem was that I never signed in through Steam...or I did but never went to get the email confirmed. I'm not sure. Either way, it's that both "KU_" User IDs need to be confirmed as the same email address.

THANKS A LOT!

• Like 1

ModoX    0

5 hours ago, oldmannagle said:

Amazing, thank you. This worked for me too.

LLJKB    1

I get the message:

"Please update your accounts to use the same email address and start the process again"

My Klei, Steam and Epic Games accounts all use the same email address (I updated the Steam account to be the same as the other two earlier). Do I need to wait for it to register?

Thanks.

mihnea13    0

This doesn't work for me either.

How do we 'sign in to Klei through Epic' exactly? Do you mean to follow the link entitled 'Game Community' from the menu in the Griftlands launched from Epic? That's what I did, but no luck .

It's true that the first time I tried merging the accounts I was using different e-mails, but I since corrected that (and confirmed the email changes) and it still doesn't work.

Clicking on 'Fix these warnings' simply sends me back to the Settings page...

Edited by mihnea13
grammar

LLJKB    1
4 hours ago, LLJKB said:

I get the message:

"Please update your accounts to use the same email address and start the process again"

My Klei, Steam and Epic Games accounts all use the same email address (I updated the Steam account to be the same as the other two earlier). Do I need to wait for it to register?

Thanks.

I figured it out. Thanks oldmannagle.

• Like 1

Wred    0

I have managed to get the game on steam eventually. The difficulty lied with me never registering the steam account and the guide doesn't explicitly stating it is needed. Instead I got the error message the emails do not match. 

If anything I would change the wording of the error to indicate that either the emails do not match or activation of both accounts separately was not completed before merging. It is logical you need to have  2 accounts to merge them into one, yet it never occurred to me to do so. 

I would also add to the guide one sentence: "if you have not registered your steam account you need to repeat the above steps for it as well" or something along those lines. 

That said it was a relatively painless process. So good job on keeping your word and providing us with an easy way of getting the copy on steam. I am relieved I didn't have to email someone at support with proof of purchase or something like that.
Edited by Wred

Windave    1
22 hours ago, oldmannagle said:

Worked! I had different emails I just couldn't see it because it wasn't clear this whole process of login trough different platforms

• Like 1

bitcoineer    0
On 6/15/2020 at 2:47 AM, oldmannagle said:

This didn't work for me. I signed in through Steam and Epic but still receive this error:

• KU_dA11Bhzg — Please update your <b>Klei</b> accounts to use the same e-mail address and start the process again.
  • KU_u74q8rAI — Please update your <b>Klei</b> accounts to use the same e-mail address and start the process again.

My Steam and Epic Account use different E-Mail addresses. I don't intend to change that. Does this mean it won't work for me?

nome    4936
1 hour ago, bitcoineer said:

My Steam and Epic Account use different E-Mail addresses. I don't intend to change that. Does this mean it won't work for me?

Again, we do not care what email addresses you gave to Valve and Epic - you just need to make sure the ones you put into the Klei Accounts website match. This has to be done because once they're merged there will only be space for a single email address.

• Thanks 1

bitcoineer    0
23 hours ago, nome said:

Again, we do not care what email addresses you gave to Valve and Epic - you just need to make sure the ones you put into the Klei Accounts website match. This has to be done because once they're merged there will only be space for a single email address.

Sorry but I think I'm missing something. I can only enter one address here (accounts.klei.com) to begin with - so what address should it match.
I joined with Epic and tried to merge my accounts. Didn't work. Then I changed to the address also used with my steam account. Got the same error message. Is there another place than accounts.klei.com where I have to update my Email address?

Thanks!

EDIT: okay, I really didn't get that I have two Klei Accounts, one for each service I used for login. Those need to have the same Email - got it - worked! 

Edited by bitcoineer
see edit

Henryo12    0

Hi there,

I'm having some trouble merging my accounts too.  I get this error message:

• KU_q7g658lS — Please verify/validate the e-mail address in both accounts and start the process again.

Any advice on how to correct it?

My Klei user ID is: KU_OtxIwnvp

nome    4936

Anyone who was having trouble linking before, we've made some improvements to make it clearer what to do and to eliminate unnecessary steps. Please let us know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Harkonis    0

This created a separate forum account for me even when using the same email and login I normally use. feels like something is wrong.

Chives    0

Hey all, I appreciate your sharing keys as I much prefer using steam to epic.

I have linked accounts and it shows up as Griftlands being owned on Epic. However, when I go to finalize, I get this message -

Internal server error, try again in a few seconds.

Please double check this is the correct gaming account to merge.

This is on the left side. The right side shows my steam account correctly.

Normally I'd just wait, but I tried this starting from Wednesday and refresh to reenter the info every day when I get home from work and usually again before bed. However, it's always the same error, so I decided to make the post about it. What can I do to fix this and get the key? Thank you!

nome    4936
5 hours ago, Chives said:

Hey all, I appreciate your sharing keys as I much prefer using steam to epic.

I have linked accounts and it shows up as Griftlands being owned on Epic. However, when I go to finalize, I get this message -

Internal server error, try again in a few seconds.

Please double check this is the correct gaming account to merge.

This is on the left side. The right side shows my steam account correctly.

Normally I'd just wait, but I tried this starting from Wednesday and refresh to reenter the info every day when I get home from work and usually again before bed. However, it's always the same error, so I decided to make the post about it. What can I do to fix this and get the key? Thank you!

Can you post your KU please? I'd love to look into what's wrong here.

• Thanks 1