Well, I guess it's not entirely out of the question seeing as how we'll soon have Walter, our (last?) DLC character. This means that all characters are now present(?) and only need event specific perks.

Though if I were to guess, I believe Klei has their hands full with Return of Them. So perhaps we'll have some news after that concludes?

42 minutes ago, Lumberlocke said:

Well, I guess it's not entirely out of the question seeing as how we'll soon have Walter, our (last?) DLC character. This means that all characters are now present(?) and only need event specific perks.

Though if I were to guess, I believe Klei has their hands full with Return of Them. So perhaps we'll have some news after that concludes?

I don’t know... I don’t work at Klei and they don’t keep me informed on what they are up to! But, last I recall JoeW said that Covid-19 setbacks and Having to work from home has caused them to have delays Mays QoL update was small due to said Delays, however he also said that it has not yet altered their planned content schedule because they’ve still got “stuff” in the pipelines, and an overall goal their progressing us towards with these Return of Them updates.

Now having said that- There are mods that Joe mentioned that allows players to play Gorge & Forge Content, however since Mods do not exist on Consoles only way we are going to get to play that is if they either find a way to bring those mods to consoles, or officially relaunch the events. 

Maybe someday for us on console.. but least some of the games players on PC can experience that content anytime they want with the Mods.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

I don’t know... I don’t work at Klei and they don’t keep me informed on what they are up to! But, last I recall JoeW said that Covid-19 setbacks and Having to work from home has caused them to have delays Mays QoL update was small due to said Delays, however he also said that it has not yet altered their planned content schedule because they’ve still got “stuff” in the pipelines, and an overall goal their progressing us towards with these Return of Them updates.

Now having said that- There are more that Joe mentioned that allows players to play Gorge & Forge Content, however since Mods do not exist on Consoles only way we are going to get to play that is if they either find a way to bring those mods to consoles, or officially relaunch the events. 

Maybe someday for us on console.. but least some of the games players on PC can experience that content anytime they want with the Mods.

do you literally feel compelled to respond to everything, let alone constantly remind folks that you play on the console

Two years after the first Gorge, the year after the release of the chef character who has the Gorge skin, the year in which the boss stone crab was added - like those crabs that were in the Gorge, Klei did not say that there would be no events this year ... Or we will get Gorge 2 this year, or Klei turned into trolls of the hundredth level (the bread in the second step says the same).

I’m pretty sure they confirmed that these events are not gone forever.. but they are not top priority right now, Return of Them updates and Character Reworks is top Priority to them. I suppose though, that anything is possible.

I believe Klei has said that we were not going to see events any time soon because they aren't terribly profitable due to cost of servers. That was what they said last year I think, and this year it still doesn't seem like events are going to return, though the demand has been acknowledged:

On 2/8/2020 at 10:24 AM, JoeW said:

we're still very aware that many people want to see events like The Forge and The Gorge come back. While we are not prepared for that right now, we do understand that this is something many of you are interested in and we are still discussing ways to address this in the future.

when in the road map of 2020 appearse the links to mods for both game modes you can imagine that them will not come back in long term

also, i dont remember in which topic, a dev talked about how they are trying to improve how we host the games and he said something about make the servers able to host forge and gorge worlds but that sound like "we will try but not guarantee" and also is not a thing you can make in weeks so i will not expect these modes coming back in years

Archived