[Mod Request] Ladder/tile with the closest material available

Would it be too impractical to code?

Doesn't have to calculate the closest for every ladder/tile, but pick the closest when the "closest material" option is checked for a given build order.

Due to the fact, the build menu wont know, where you want to build an item, its not really doable. For Example, you are in the upper left corner, open the build menu, select the ladder. Then you scroll down to bottom right, and build there. How does the game know, what you are planing to do?

9 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Due to the fact, the build menu wont know, where you want to build an item, its not really doable. For Example, you are in the upper left corner, open the build menu, select the ladder. Then you scroll down to bottom right, and build there. How does the game know, what you are planing to do?

I think what might make it impossible is that it would require a new "idea" of building. The "smart ladder" would be an extra building that uses code to decide what material it is built of when you place it.
I have no idea if the game coding would allow this building to exist, but it is ideally possible. It is also a great idea, I second this request.

This may be possible to make, but would require to do a second "smart" version of everything. I do not want to see the build menu filled with everything normal and smart. The problem here is, if you do only ladders, the next person comes around the corner, requesting the fire pole. And the next one...

But there is a way out, in theory. Switching the build menu from normal to "smart" and vice versa. This could work. But it will make the mod a monster to make.

Archived