Is the latest update of ROT still in Beta? Not avail as option

We are at the very end of May so it doesn’t seem that whatever the next update is, that there’s going to even be a beta phase for it. Unless Klei isn’t releasing an update for the month of May thanks to Covid-19 delays, somehow though I got the funniest feeling that won’t be the case- So what are you up to Klei?! To go this long without even so much as a Teaser of the next update? Even Wendys Refresh and Return of Them: She Sells Sea Shells updates were announced a little bit ahead of their actual release. You’d think they at least would have announced the new Twitch drop by now. O.o 

A3219260-EC21-4A5A-8A95-6F405485B9DF.png

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

We are at the very end of May so it doesn’t seem that whatever the next update is, that there’s going to even be a beta phase for it. Unless Klei isn’t releasing an update for the month of May thanks to Covid-19 delays, somehow though I got the funniest feeling that won’t be the case- So what are you up to Klei?! To go this long without even so much as a Teaser of the next update? Even Wendys Refresh and Return of Them: She Sells Sea Shells updates were announced a little bit ahead of their actual release. You’d think they at least would have announced the new Twitch drop by now. O.o 

A3219260-EC21-4A5A-8A95-6F405485B9DF.png

They're preparing for something B I G... or at least I hope so, it's my (and yours actually!) month, so it would be a great present.

Spoiler

damn 11 AM 

30 minutes ago, Cuikui said:

@Mike23Ua Almost all important updates were launched on a Thursday. I'm betting on news in two days.

You mean update in two days right? Lol NEWS of an update but no actual update will have it not releasing in the month of May, While Klei didn’t say they would be promising an update every month, they did say that was their hopes of giving us something new to enjoy each month (however big or small that is does not matter.) 

personally I don’t mind waiting- let them take however long they need in releasing good quality content, I’ve got plenty to do to keep me busy in the meantime, like post here on these forums or try and complete the Season 5 battle pass for Apex Legends.

I would however like to request one teeny tiny little thing that I am a bit annoyed with though- And that’s that they change the crafting recipe in the final upgrade to Pearls Hermit Home, the issue with it is that it requires a special crafting ingredient that can only be obtained by the following spoiler-

Spoiler

Picking the flower off of a Cactus during the Summer Season.

Which is GREAT and Easy to do if your world actually HAS a Summer Season.. However if your like me and like experimenting with different settings.. such as turning Summer completely off.. this blocks your progress on upgrading the Hermit Home.

Im requesting this because they were also able to easily make Pearl Nocturnal on lights out server settings. So it should be a perfectly reasonable request.

Unlike PC where you can just Admin command the things you need or toggle Summer back on again, once you set a setting on Xbox that’s it- it’s locked that way permanently and forever for that world your only option is to host a brand new world.

Which is something a really don’t want to do, Please fix? @JoeW

As Peter stated on Sunday/24.05:

On 5/24/2020 at 8:55 AM, PeterA said:

...being busy getting the next update ready...

..and the fact Thursdays' when updates usually roll-out, we could expect tomorrow/28.05 something to pop live. If not an actual game-content update, perhaps some news - because this week we have last of the Character vignettes in-line for votes (Community Choice Vignette - Wendy): we could be seeing a new Character re-fresh as focus for this following DST update. And would be interesting if that character's (much speculated) Wolfgang.

roadmap-2020_snippet.png.768c35afe64d9d2906453d9acd6349ad.png

(from DST Roadmap 2020 - promo header)

Archived