Twiggy tree farm ?

Hi 

i want to make twiggy tree farm and i have read its wiki page it says if there is no twig in 8 tile radius then tree will drop one. if there is 2 twig in that radius tree will not spawn anymore. So should i plant the trees seperate each other more than 5 radius ? Or i dont understand ?

i'd say get spiky bushes from the marsh biome and deserts. bramble husk can help you collect them. just a recommendation. you also can do twiggy tree farm, i dont blame you but its just a bit more effort consuming in my opinion.

Maybe you can do something with Lureplant and Twiggy tree I don't know... but still, emin is right, a bramble husk and spiky bushes is the best option for farming twigs, for the twiggy tree farm... personally, I plant one 1 tile on two, like this :
(X is where I plant twiggy trees, and O where's there's none)
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

OXOXOXOXOXOXOX
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
OXOXOXOXOXOXOX
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
OXOXOXOXOXOXOX
XOXOXOXOXOOXOX
And I check it everyday, but it's not really optimal and very time consuming. That's why I don't do it anymore.

4 hours ago, Resul said:

well i tried to farm spiky bushes via lure plant and it works

hey does grass tufts get disease if lure plant harvest them ?

Any relocated grass tufts get disease. So, if you used a shovel on it, yes.

On 5/18/2020 at 3:16 AM, Le Rafistoleur said:

Any relocated grass tufts get disease. So, if you used a shovel on it, yes.

I used your tree trick but they didnt drop even 1 twig. are you sure that works ? 

1 hour ago, Resul said:

I used your tree trick but they didnt drop even 1 twig. are you sure that works ? 

You know that they only drop twigs if they go to the stage old to small ?

On 5/17/2020 at 5:01 PM, Resul said:

Hi 

i want to make twiggy tree farm and i have read its wiki page it says if there is no twig in 8 tile radius then tree will drop one. if there is 2 twig in that radius tree will not spawn anymore. So should i plant the trees seperate each other more than 5 radius ? Or i dont understand ?

Well the wiki is wrong as usual. Its actually 8 game units, which translates to roughly 2 pitchfork tile radius

The tree itself drops the twigs roughly within 1 pitchfork tile radius if the game dint found twigs around it within 2 tile radius.

See the images attached

Place the trees in a way that the dropping area is not obscured by the dropping area of the other tree, otherwise you wont get new twigs. (I would suggest planting the tree every 3rd tile, the radius will overlap but not deep enough to prohibit the dropping of the other tree)

The probability of  dropping the twig is higher, the less twigs lies around the tree. It stops dropping twigs when there is 2 or more twigs around the tree.

Every time a the tree changes the stage from old dried tree to fresh young one, the game tries to drop the twig.

Due to how loading and unloading (being within certain range from a player) prefabs works, the tree has actually more 'twigs per second" dropped if it is being constantly unloaded, than if its loaded. And even more than 2 twigs can drop if it unloaded.

Hope that helps

Tree placement with / without pitchfork grid

Spoiler

20200519164525_1.thumb.jpg.5df974dca896f2382bd826dd74b22f26.jpg20200519164523_1.thumb.jpg.65b02f37087e6078012e3a00155fa0d2.jpg

Ranges in which game checks presence of twigs

Spoiler

20200519164503_1.thumb.jpg.a3572e7d28af472e2336cf2f5be5953f.jpg20200519164508_1.thumb.jpg.03ef035ba6779058f0b2b26e856a6f58.jpg

Archived