help with abigails flower

I love Wendy, she is the only character I buy things for and after a few months away from the game I have returned to a completely different Wendy it seems. I have read the updates and searched everywhere for an answer on this but still cannot figure out why Abigails flower will not bloom.

I saw in an unrelated post that you should put out 2 sisterns and keep the flowers inside fresh...I have done that for two cycles and the bud has not changed. I have been through 2 winters of play and Abigails flower has never budged from the green stage.

I am hoping someone can help me understand why the flower is not blooming.

1 hour ago, shortiekapow said:

I am hoping someone can help me understand why the flower is not blooming.

Because you can summon her anytime you like without having to wait

All you have to do is right click the flower in your inventory.

Hello and welcome to the Forums!

Wendy had her refresh lately, the way you summon Abigail was changed. Now you can summon her at any time by clicking on the flower. You can also make her calm or agressive by clicking on it while she's summoned. 

Abigail begins with 150 max health, this increases to 600 over time, you can speed up this process if you build a sisturn and place petals in it (it also gives sanity, so you can build more to get more sanity, but more towers won't accelerate Abigail's health any further than one). 

Hope it helps :)

Welcome to the forums, it seems that you just missed Wendy's rework ! :wilson_curious: I can suggest you to take a look on the wiki but I'll explain you the basics around the new functioning of Abigail's flower since I've been playing this character a long time after the rework.

To make it simple, we don't have to do sacrifices or wait in order to summon Abigail, simply right click on the flower and you'll have her at your side. You certainly noticed that you have a new badge on your screen displaying Abigail's health, she start at 150 but will increase for the next two days : 300 then 600 (and she will start emitting light at the second stage), you can also use the new Sisturn to level up Abi faster.

You also have more control than before : right click on the flower to "Rile Up" or "Sooth" Abigail and she will attack most of the mobs around or wait for you to engage. If Abigail is in danger or you don't want her around, you can place the flower over her to return Abi to your pockets (you keep the current stage & health), summoning Abigail restore sanity but if she die or return her you will loose some as well. She regenerate 1HP per second, summoned or not.

Just like before, Abigail have increased damages during dusk and more at night, but you can now applies a temporal buff on her from the elixirs in the Ectoherbology tab, all of them will require Mourning Glory, which is a new item only obtainable with Wendy, look for headstones and you will eventually see a small ghost named Pipspook, assist the lil boy and he will redirect you to an area, when you're close enough, the ghost will emit a circle indicating how close you are from an invisible trinket ! Show it to Pipspook and you have some glory in exchange, repeat this a couple of time and you will have a greater quantity of glory at the end.

I hope this answered your question and that you'll enjoy the rework ;)

Thank you, that sounds great but...Abigails flower is just a green bud. While its a bud, that first stage...I am only able to "examine" it. I am asking why the flower never progresses to the point of blooming or being charged enough to be able to summon it.

"Wendy starts with a wilted Abigail's Flower in her inventory, which blooms in roughly 2-4 full Days, at which point she will be able to summon Abigail."

My flower does not bloom.

Again, as others said, you can now summon Abigail at any point no matter what in Don't Starve Together, with no need to put the flower on the ground anymore. And Abigail slowly "levels up" over the course of a few days if. But this is reset on her or Wendy dieing. But, Abigail can be summoned again as soon as she dies now, she will just have 1 health that slowly heals over time, about 1 per second

If you build a sisturn and put 4 flower petals in it. Then it will only take a day for Abigail to reach max level.

2 minutes ago, ADM said:

@shortiekapow do you plays with mods ? Maybe one of them affect the script of Abigail and is not updated, also I don't think I have to precise but... the rework in only for Don't Starve Together.

I am checking mods now. It must be a mod because I have no icon for Abigail either. Thank you for your help explaining. I really hope to get her to bloom without having to give up a good mod. Thanks!

Thanks for the help everyone, I found the issue. If anyone else has this issue, the mod "portable crockpots for everyone" has a new updated version that is compatible with the new Wendy rework. The old one, breaks her completely.

Archived