Exactly when do meteor showers start?

At what point does "discovered space" start, which in turn, starts the meteor barrage?

What is the breaking point?

Do I need to break through the abyssalite?

I want to dig out as far as I can before I start the rain.

1 hour ago, nakomaru said:

I believe this means as soon as you receive the warning about space exposure, i.e. when your base is connected to its first space exposure tile.

I feel like it is earlier, maybe once it is visible on the map...

I used to see space quite a bit of time before actually briching it, but once I get to the point of brich and building stuff there it is already ~300 degrees celsius.

28 minutes ago, meepmoop said:

I feel like it is earlier, maybe once it is visible on the map...

I used to see space quite a bit of time before actually briching it, but once I get to the point of brich and building stuff there it is already ~300 degrees celsius.

You're right, and I have the same experience. Testing using just the reveal tool, meteor showers will start by merely revealing, so no pathing to exposure or seeing the warning is necessary.

On a small map I revealed just beyond the space exposure line and ran for 6 cycles. 

space.thumb.png.0dcdde88028a0bfc583bad51783ec4e0.png

Revealing the whole map at cycle 7, there was already regolith accumulating. So basically, about the time you reveal any space tiles it's going to start.

6 hours ago, nakomaru said:

You're right, and I have the same experience. Testing using just the reveal tool, meteor showers will start by merely revealing, so no pathing to exposure or seeing the warning is necessary.

On a small map I revealed just beyond the space exposure line and ran for 6 cycles. 

space.thumb.png.0dcdde88028a0bfc583bad51783ec4e0.png

Revealing the whole map at cycle 7, there was already regolith accumulating. So basically, about the time you reveal any space tiles it's going to start.

Same experience here. Just revealing a few tiles causes you to hear meteors falling after a while.

Archived