Looking for info on Prestige, Card list

Hello Griftlanders,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me out and either get me a screenshot or text list of the current Prestige levels/effects. I unfortunately haven't spent much time playing the game and am in the process of updating the wiki as much as I can but unlike mutators, there isn't a quick to find file sitting in the data.zip I was able to find.

Additionally, if anyone knows what directory, if any exists, with a full readable list of all cards in the game that would be extremely helpful as well.

Much appreciated for any/all help.

1 hour ago, Tempvirage said:

with a full readable list of all cards in the game that would be extremely helpful as well.

You can check the compendium.

1 hour ago, Tempvirage said:

list of the current Prestige levels/effects.

1. Allies are weaker in battle.
  2. Opponent arguments start with more resolve.
  3. Bosses are stronger in battle.
  4. Enemies are stronger in battle.
  5. Enemies are tougher to negotiate with.
  6. Only heal 50% of your health and resolve when sleeping.
  7. Everything costs 25% more shills.
  8. Species boons are more powerful in battle. (experimental)
  9. Start with 20% less max health.
  10. Start with 20% less max resolve.
  11. Start with 1 less battle graft slot.
  12. Start with 1 less negotiation graft slot.

okay this just become incorrect like 15 minutes ago. LUL

A little bit of code search reveals that internally, prestige is called advancement, and the information regarding the advancements can be found in scripts/lang/english.lua(readable) and scripts/advancement.lua(under DEFAULT_ADVANCEMENT).

To do code search, you need to unzip the zip file somewhere, and either use vscode or windows search bar to search for the keyword(you need to enable content searching on windows first). Sometimes you need to search multiple times for the in-game text, identifier text, etc.

34 minutes ago, Kevin said:

You might want to look at the most recent patch notes...

Oh geez, haha. If I waited 30m I would have been set. Thank you sir. Been trying to get the wiki at least somewhat functional the past week and missed out on playing for a few days now.

8 hours ago, Tempvirage said:

Oh geez, haha. If I waited 30m I would have been set. Thank you sir. Been trying to get the wiki at least somewhat functional the past week and missed out on playing for a few days now.

You're working on a wiki for the game? Gonna thank you in advance. Don't have the patience to contribute myself, unfortunately, but I hope the various threads that have compiled info here can help you with that.

On 4/29/2020 at 6:08 AM, TF3 said:

You're working on a wiki for the game? Gonna thank you in advance. Don't have the patience to contribute myself, unfortunately, but I hope the various threads that have compiled info here can help you with that.

Been trying to, yeah. But yeah, the stuff the community has thrown together in the forums has helped immensely. I just wish I realized earlier the in-game compendium literally has pretty much all the card, relationship, and graft info. I was making notes on stuff as I played the first few days in a text file, lol.

4 hours ago, Tempvirage said:

Been trying to, yeah. But yeah, the stuff the community has thrown together in the forums has helped immensely. I just wish I realized earlier the in-game compendium literally has pretty much all the card, relationship, and graft info. I was making notes on stuff as I played the first few days in a text file, lol.

How could I help? Is it just as simple as editing a wiki page to help out, or should we just do what weve been doing IE random stuff on the forums?

9 minutes ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

How could I help? Is it just as simple as editing a wiki page to help out, or should we just do what weve been doing IE random stuff on the forums?

At this point I'm mostly screen capping and editing images. The wiki doesn't really have much structure besides the front page, how-to, and Battle pages. I'm new to this stuff so I'm still trying to figure out page structure and how to design pages, nest tables, etc but once it gets rolling it'll go quick since you can just copy-paste the formatting.

Having the discussions about what's good and not, strategies, etc. is super helpful for adding to the 'How to' page. If anyone feels like adding in any gameplay tips or wants to write something on characters, go for it. I'm just kinda taking it slow and focusing on formatting since stats, #'s, etc. are still subject to change since Griftlands is in Alpha.

If you feel like it, check out any of the boss pages as a reference and add/write anything about the fight, strategies, etc. I haven't been able to get much info for any of the bosses put together besides Kashio (I think?). Mostly been working on the Battle and Negotiation pages. If there's a particular page that's missing you want to write about but you don't know how to create one, let me know and I'll get it set up immediately.

ex: https://griftlands.gamepedia.com/Oolo

https://griftlands.gamepedia.com/How_to_play_guide_of_Griftlands

4 minutes ago, SpicyNiceCream said:

I had updated your Kashio page yesterday.

I saw, thank you! I wasn't sure how the game decides what stance she has or what her abilities were when I started writing for her. Thanks for the help.

18 minutes ago, Tempvirage said:

At this point I'm mostly screen capping and editing images. The wiki doesn't really have much structure besides the front page, how-to, and Battle pages. I'm new to this stuff so I'm still trying to figure out page structure and how to design pages, nest tables, etc but once it gets rolling it'll go quick since you can just copy-paste the formatting.

Having the discussions about what's good and not, strategies, etc. is super helpful for adding to the 'How to' page. If anyone feels like adding in any gameplay tips or wants to write something on characters, go for it. I'm just kinda taking it slow and focusing on formatting since stats, #'s, etc. are still subject to change since Griftlands is in Alpha.

If you feel like it, check out any of the boss pages as a reference and add/write anything about the fight, strategies, etc. I haven't been able to get much info for any of the bosses put together besides Kashio (I think?). Mostly been working on the Battle and Negotiation pages. If there's a particular page that's missing you want to write about but you don't know how to create one, let me know and I'll get it set up immediately.

ex: https://griftlands.gamepedia.com/Oolo

https://griftlands.gamepedia.com/How_to_play_guide_of_Griftlands

okay, in my enthusiasm to finally feel like i've done something for the griftlands community other than whimper in the corner at the sight of my card hoarding problem...i edited nadan's page with what i believe is some correct information, namely such as foolo, and the rewards from nadan's capture. tell me if you can see them and if i should continue, i would really like to help, although i am a bit wary about things like this, since it said changes would show my ip adress.

1 minute ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

okay, in my enthusiasm to finally feel like i've done something for the griftlands community other than whimper in the corner at the sight of my card hoarding problem...i edited nadan's page with what i believe is some correct information, namely such as foolo, and the rewards from nadan's capture. tell me if you can see them and if i should continue, i would really like to help, although i am a bit wary about things like this, since it said changes would show my ip adress.

Ah, if you try and edit without creating an account/logging in then yeah, it tracks changes made by IP. That's Gamepedia's way of preventing vandalism. If you have a Twitch account already Gamepedia links to that platform so all you'd need to do is verify/give permission for Gamepedia to link the account. Otherwise it takes like, 30s to create an account.

Just now, Tempvirage said:

Ah, if you try and edit without creating an account/logging in then yeah, it tracks changes made by IP. That's Gamepedia's way of preventing vandalism. If you have a Twitch account already Gamepedia links to that platform so all you'd need to do is verify/give permission for Gamepedia to link the account. Otherwise it takes like, 30s to create an account.

i did. if you can see who made the changes, name's wumpus the 19th on there as well...yeah i'm not that creative with names...unless were talking kahoot.

5 minutes ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

i did. if you can see who made the changes, name's wumpus the 19th on there as well...yeah i'm not that creative with names...unless were talking kahoot.

Yep you're all good. I think you might have opened the wikiedit tool then logged in, so you got the warning about your IP first. You can see on the main toolbar on the left under "recent changes" and see it's just your name that's listed.

If it's any consolation, anyone's public IP is pretty easy to grab from some clients but you can release/renew it through your router if you ever needed to change it unless your ISP has a specific IP assigned to your residence. It's unfortunately easy to geo-locate people so script kiddies throw that around as a threat but it doesn't mean much. Gamepedia's system just gives admins the ability to buy time to prevent DDOS/ vandalism attacks so they can get your ISP to take action. It's also illegal to make those kinds of threats and ISP's will ban those kinds of people from their services.

Wiki toolbar.PNG

6 minutes ago, Tempvirage said:

Yep you're all good. I think you might have opened the wikiedit tool then logged in, so you got the warning about your IP first. You can see on the main toolbar on the left under "recent changes" and see it's just your name that's listed.

If it's any consolation, anyone's public IP is pretty easy to grab from some clients but you can release/renew it through your router if you ever needed to change it unless your ISP has a specific IP assigned to your residence. It's unfortunately easy to geo-locate people so script kiddies throw that around as a threat but it doesn't mean much. Gamepedia's system just gives admins the ability to buy time to prevent DDOS/ vandalism attacks so they can get your ISP to take action. It's also illegal to make those kinds of threats and ISP's will ban those kinds of people from their services.

Wiki toolbar.PNG

wait a minute, am i safe after making those changes. i honestly don't know anything about computers or things like this and got scared and paranoid after the source leak, so i don't know if i "doxxed" myself with this.

Sweating Jordan Peele | Know Your Meme

1 minute ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

wait a minute, am i safe after making those changes. i honestly don't know anything about computers or things like this and got scared and paranoid after the source leak, so i don't know if i "doxxed" myself with this.

You're fine, yeah. That picture shows where you can view all page edits and if you go to recent changes, it lists your user name, not your IP. You're fine, lol.

Archived