Geforce Now Game Removal

On 9/22/2020 at 8:57 AM, axelomg said:

Sooo... did Klei and Nvidia managed to do the difficult task of "opting in" and having the game - that already ran on the platform without issues - be up again? Or is the childish pouting still going on?

To be clear. This is not something WE did. We are under no obligation to be part of this service or go out of our way to help Nvidia make their service better for their customers. But obviously we want to help out our players, but it is something that requires consideration on our end as it has specific and real consequences for us to think about. 

But we have wrapped up a significant amount of time talking to them and sorting this whole thing out. In the end we did not sign the agreement they wanted from us initially before the Steam sync option was offered. 

However, we did opt-in to the Steam Cloud Play option offered by Steam. Our understanding is that this should let GeForce now players play the game.  

On 10/8/2020 at 2:10 AM, JoeW said:

To be clear. This is not something WE did. We are under no obligation to be part of this service or go out of our way to help Nvidia make their service better for their customers. But obviously we want to help out our players, but it is something that requires consideration on our end as it has specific and real consequences for us to think about. 

But we have wrapped up a significant amount of time talking to them and sorting this whole thing out. In the end we did not sign the agreement they wanted from us initially before the Steam sync option was offered. 

However, we did opt-in to the Steam Cloud Play option offered by Steam. Our understanding is that this should let GeForce now players play the game.  

I'm still getting the message:

"Oxygen not included isn't supported. We are continuously adding new games and we've noted that you're interested in this one. Supported games can be launched directly from the GeForce NOW app."

So it seems that as Klei opted-in, the power is now in GeForce Now's hands and the just need to add it to their library. I will reach out to Nvidia and see what's going on. 

Thrilled to see Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together back on GeForce Now.  Thank you for reconsidering and making your games available on the service.

I can once again play (and spend money on) DST with friends.

I hope other Klei games come back to the service, like Oxygen Not Included, or maybe even new ones like Griftlands; but DST was the big one I wanted to see come back.  It was a great way to have fun with friends I haven't been able to see in person.

Now comes the quest for cloud saves of clusters, so we can cross among platforms better, since lots of people have huge clusters and builds on computer and would like to switch to cloud, or the other way around. Also in a not so distant future we can swap between cloud gaming services without the hassle of tons of support tickets and complains of lost games on one or another cloud service. That would be awesome. But I'm happy I can finally play without long loading screens and such, also be able to play dst on mobile =]

THX Klei, thank you so much.

Archived