Ideas for better Crab King loot:

So, Crab king doesn't drop anything really useful so here you may post ideas of watt would be cool to ad!

1. Upgrade the new weapon, make so that when you play with it, it will temporally will get read of water (small counter of seconds in the right top) it would be like this :  (Fish would still jump!)Then Moses raised his hand over the sea, and the LORD opened up a ...

In the bottom of these would be random junk, rocks, moon shards, fish morsels, seashells, etc...

2. Water salt-moon lanterns. It would be like the toadstool loot but for water!

Do you have any ideas?

Bosses should drop mechanism parts to build a Machine & put together DST’s version of DS Solo’s “The Wooden Thing.”

For those of you who for Whatever reason did not play DS Solo “The Wooden Thing” is a Stationary Structure you had to gather Several different parts of and then carry that all to a specific location in the game and build the full structure.

Spoiler

The parts Required for Wooden Thing are: Divining Rod, Wooden Ring Thing, Wooden Box Thing, Wooden Crank Thing, And Metal Potato Thing.

Once all these are placed in their proper location they activated to reveal the Teleportato Device. 

A Doorway that took you into a brand new world (or Chapter Rather..) in Adventures Mode.

And yes I am fully aware DST does not currently HAVE a Adventures Mode or its own version of “The Wooden Thing.”

But who’s to say it’ll remain that way forever?

His drops seem fine to me.

The Strident Trident now has a whopping 50 uses, instantly destroys Sea Stacks, Salt Stacks and Wobster Dens and can throw stuff on your boat. And you can craft it with "common" materials, meaning you don't have to repeatedly farm the Crab King to make more.

And the Celestial Tribute might as well have a giant neon sign on it saying "unfinished". It's far too early to say it's not useful, when it might very well end up being the gateway to the lategame lunar content, in much the same way that the Shadow Pieces serve as the "gatekeepers" of the Atrium endgame.

The trident is pretty cool, but it costs so much just because of the 3 gnarwail horns. I think the trident should have 1 gnarwail horn in the cost, so that you can use the deconstruction staff to 'repair' it like you would with panflute. The other materials could be increased to compensate. Getting THREE gnarwail horns is a huge time killer let alone what you have to do for the blueprint.

This topic was created before the last patch, so the trident is now one of my favorite items in the game. But we still have  a problem, he is one time kill boss: You don't get anything new from killing him, no spacial items or anything (While the Seashells are cool, there are easier ways to get them). So What about a thing to make it worth fighting 2 times.

For ex: New rocks (name: Crocks) used to build Something, like decorations on water (floating statues of sorts) or new seafaring upgrades like new anchor that gets stops the boat quick and rasis himself (you don't need to stand to him)

Or for instance New meat (Royal crab's meat) that will be used to make an item like royal gely, but that will restore your sanity instead(or the other way if in lunar island). To do the dish you would need nightmare fuel and living wobsters! (Le royal e sea delicatessen)

P.s not sure about the last one, after the last patch crab king is weary easy to kill with pan flute solo now, so for the last one the fight should be more difficult!

11 hours ago, Bird Up said:

The trident is pretty cool, but it costs so much just because of the 3 gnarwail horns. I think the trident should have 1 gnarwail horn in the cost, so that you can use the deconstruction staff to 'repair' it like you would with panflute. The other materials could be increased to compensate. Getting THREE gnarwail horns is a huge time killer let alone what you have to do for the blueprint.

I'd love to be able to make the Trident with just 1 horn, but the trident literally has 3 of them on it. Hence the "tri-".

Archived