(Ocean) Depth Worm

Hello Klei and you rare people that go through Suggestions and Feedback. I have an idea which has no reason not to end up in dst.

Make a cousing of the Depth Worm which lives in the ocean biome. Y'know simmilar sprite and all that. It could either be a surface source of glowberries or maybe different resource I'm not sure. It'd attack by rising out of water (simmilar to Depth Worm) and instead of just biting it'd actually reach into the boat, like this:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.cb282e0b8b3d8532530ca05bc63752fd.png

After that it'd be vulnerable for attack untill it pulls itself back in water

Imo it'd be a great example of showing ecosystem through gameplay. And I'm pretty sure that Klei has realized that the community wants some flora and fauna interactions (plus progression but that's not for this topic). I hope that the team at least considers this idea.

Just to clarify- when I said 'Depth Worm's cousin' I truly meant that, Character quotes would be something like 'This species of Depth Worms has addapted to living in water' or 'The depth worms have evolved to live in the ocean' etc

I kinda like this idea. To add to it: even if they used the exact same mechanic as depth worms and they cannot board your raft (just bite if you get too close to the edge), there's already a plant it can disguise itself as -

latest?cb=20190526174512

kelpworm.thumb.jpg.f9ebc18b592f8118776558d112d48b2b.jpg

Imagine a setpiece with a kelpworm ambush...

Archived