Idea: Butterflies should be attracted to wormwood

I think it would be really great if Wormwood could attract butterflies in his fully bloomed state - it would be so useful and makes complete sense, seeing as he can attract bees (and bees and butterflies are both attracted to flowers) and a fully bloomed wormwood is the prettiest flower:D It would be a really awesome addition, even if you make it so that Wormwood can only attract butterflies in his fully bloomed state while only standing still (butterflies would fly towards him while he is standing still, but that once he moves it'll startle the butterflies and they'll fly away again). I don't think this would create too many balance issues and would add another interesting dimension to Wormwood; it would definitely help add an upside to the downside of attracting angry bees in spring.

55 minutes ago, ooheee said:

I think it would be really great if Wormwood could attract butterflies in his fully bloomed state - it would be so useful and makes complete sense, seeing as he can attract bees (and bees and butterflies are both attracted to flowers) and a fully bloomed wormwood is the prettiest flower:D It would be a really awesome addition, even if you make it so that Wormwood can only attract butterflies in his fully bloomed state while only standing still (butterflies would fly towards him while he is standing still, but that once he moves it'll startle the butterflies and they'll fly away again). I don't think this would create too many balance issues and would add another interesting dimension to Wormwood.

Wormwood would never be allowed to leave the base

This. And also just making his "bloomed" state less of a downside even though it's listed as one of his advantages would be nice.

Here's why I'm not a fan of his spring-form:

- Bee's are attracted to you, which is deadly in spring since they are hostile; making bee box farming much more difficult, especially if it's near base.

- Wormwood gets (at best) a measily 20% increase in speed, but only when he also loses hunger at double the rate (150 /day) 

- WX-78, during the same season, can get a 50% increase in speed and get a moving light source alongside it, with no increase in hunger.

- Bees don't generate honey from his flowers, and butterfly's don't spawn from them nor are attracted to them.

- The flowers (albeit a minor thing) can add lag by clouding up the screen sometimes.

I wish bees treated Wormwood as a flower to pollinate instead of an enemy to kill personally, and I think this butterfly idea would definitely be a great start to making his form a bit better. I should mention this is entirely my own opinion as well, so take it with a grain of salt too.

2 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

I wish bees treated Wormwood as a flower to pollinate instead of an enemy to kill personally, and I think this butterfly idea would definitely be a great start to making his form a bit better. I should mention this is entirely my own opinion as well, so take it with a grain of salt too.

This is exactly my thoughts - they should follow him, but not attack him.  Rather they should be able to polinate off of him, perhaps counting more than a regular flower.

Archived