[Experimental Update] - 403015 - Rook's Finale!

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

It's here! You can now play through Rook's finale, either in an experiment, or as part of a run. Lots of tuning and tweaking to be done next week, but give it a shot and see how you fare!

Here's hoping you have a safe, happy, and socially distant weekend.

• NEW Experiment: Rook's full finale! (The ending slides aren't done yet, and the dialog is all in PLACEHOLDERESE)
  • Also, you can continue straight rook's whole story your own deck.
  • Added a more descriptive tooltip when choosing a card for Memorization Implant
  • Fixed bug where the Spin modifier would crash the game if it expired
  • Tuned the Boggers to be slightly weaker
  • Fixing alignment on the coin draft screen
  • Making fight conditions stack up when past 6. Adjusting the Morale condition icon, so it aligns correctly with the other conditions
  • bog boss gets impatience stacks when articles of faith are destroyed
  • Fixed description of Lumin Bio-generator
  • Increased healing from Brain of the Bog 
  • Fixed the order of Heads and Snails on the Foresight argument
  • Fixed description of Abrupt Remark
  • Evasion no longer gets triggered when taking damage from non-attack sources

View full update

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Developer

Here's a couple small fixes that were just pushed out:

• fix self defense tag in rook/shel fight
  • bog boss doesn't patronize places
  • location limit the confront at the start of the expedition
  • Fixed a bug on the options screen, where some gameplay settings would only show up on simplified mode, and not in regular mode

• Thanks 4

• My game crashes when I try to use item cards during the final boss fight. Be it an Flead egg or a RPG (not the Lua has crash, the "Griftlands has stopped working" one). Any day 4 fight before it works fine.
  • During the final boss negotiation, if a multi hit attack destroys both the priest's main argument and a bounty argument, the bounty reward wasn't granted. Dunno if it's intentional or not?
  • Fellemo doesn't do anything in battle.
  • Seriously this is the actual final boss, right?unknown.png

• Developer

A couple more fixes:

• hook up fellemo, kalandra temp attacks
  • possibly fix one-frame transition crash during expedition
  • tune down the crazy grawkit combat party a bit in the finale
  • force prestige level 0 for finale experiments

6 hours ago, SpicyNiceCream said:
  • My game crashes when I try to use item cards during the final boss fight. Be it an Flead egg or a RPG (not the Lua has crash, the "Griftlands has stopped working" one). Any day 4 fight before it works fine.

I haven't been able to reproduce this one, and I haven't seen any reports from our bug system. Are you playing in the experiment, or all the way through? If it's all the way through, would you mind submitting am f8 save file just before you start the expedition?

• Developer

Also, because it keeps coming up in reports:

Tune the grawkit:
  reduce max health 
  reduce bellyflop damage multiplier proportionally to current game difficulty
  reduce starting carapace proportionally to current game difficulty

• Thanks 2

Honestly, just giving it an explicit counter in the UI before the grawkit does it bellyflop attack would be a big help, especially if the UI spells out that the attack scales with its remaining health.

I enjoy the tough fight, but maybe it should have stayed as an optional fight/ opportunity, like hunting down a bounty with Sal. Not having an option to run away while fighting a grawkit just seems bad.

Edited by pacovf

Bog scimitar on Glofriam after applying the double damage debuff from calling in a pamphleteer makes the game completely unresponsive, with no option to report the issue. I had to force quit the game.

Did something happen with the performance in this experiment? I feel like there are a LOT more small pauses in between actions, for example surrenders don't trigger immediately and have a short pause (while HP is processing?) before the actor actually notices they are at the surrender threshold, and erchins that flee don't get replaced until the enemy's turn sometimes. Granted, this day is rather complex compared to Sal's, but I definitely noticed poorer performance.

• Like 2