Anyone knows a good Puft ranch design?

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

I want to feed Dsuskcaps to Hutches to get coal but for that I need to ranch pufts for slime

If the end goal is coal than using dust caps or any food is not efficient.  The KCAL to coal ratio is very bad.  Distilling the slime into algae and feeding that to sage hatches would yield more

You'd be better off skipping the pufts and just ranch extra stone hatches

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

If the end goal is coal than using dust caps or any food is not efficient.  The KCAL to coal ratio is very bad.  Distilling the slime into algae and feeding that to sage hatches would yield more

You'd be better off skipping the pufts and just ranch extra stone hatches

I thought in a late game the best food for sage hatch is fertilizer

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

I want to feed Dsuskcaps to Hutches to get coal but for that I need to ranch pufts for slime

As said @Neotuck it's a bad idea, here's the game logic :

Hatch + mineral stuff = coal

Hatch + plants = meat

Check that, you will understand (right column) : https://oni-db.com/details/hatch

If you want a full automated Puft Ranch here's one :

ONI_-_Bouffette_automatise.png

The main problem with Puft is you have to maintain one Prince to keep the normal eggs comes. So I've created two virtual room in the 96 tiles room, one for Prince, one for Pufts. As well, I can keep only 1 Prince and 5 Pufts.

You have another models :

18 minutes ago, qqqqqqqqqqqq said:

I thought in a late game the best food for sage hatch is fertilizer

I believe you are referring to a time before fertilizer synthesizers were nerfed

Before all they needed was PW and produced more than enough Nat Gas to power themselves so players would mass produce them for power.  This would result in a LARGE surplus of fertilizer

Now fertilizer synthesizers require PW, dirt, and phosphorite.  And they produce a lot LESS Nat Gas making them no longer power positive.

10 hours ago, Demky said:

this one look nice (i'm beginer) is there is a thread where I can see more detail ? Google image don't find anything :(

In this ranching, you need :

- 1 Puft Prince if not, every Puft will have 100% chance to get a Prince's egg.

- To have only 1 Prince because their production rate is low (10%).

- Have also a normal Puft population for slime or others.

In this setup, I have a 96 tiles room that virtually slipt in two rooms (the room bonus go through the waterlock but not the critters) : one for Prince (1), one for normal Pufts (5)

The automation allow to release only 1 Prince when one die, and renew the normal Puft, but never above 5. Since you can't put more than 6 critters in a 96 tiles room, Puft needs 16 tiles.

Archived