Multiplayer Mod Stolen From rimworld

As far as I know, copyright only work for people/companies that have money and lawyers.

Still I wonder what's the point of stealing here. There is no money to be made, especially not with a mod from another game that literally does nothing but crash for obvious reasons. He might as well generate a file with random content.

If this case get's resolved, please let me know. I would be interested to know how it went.

23 hours ago, Candide said:

As far as I know, copyright only work for people/companies that have money and lawyers.

Sorry, but this is wrong. Copyright is automatic in almost all countries Worldwide, however small a creator is, and you have ways to protect this right without money or lawyers involved most of the time; for example, by submitting a DMCA takedown request. 

15 hours ago, Akiart said:

Sorry, but this is wrong. Copyright is automatic in almost all countries Worldwide, however small a creator is, and you have ways to protect this right without money or lawyers involved most of the time; for example, by submitting a DMCA takedown request. 

Evidence says something else. As an example search for "kurzgesagt how facebook is stealing billions of views". If you don't have a personal bot that searches through the internet, there is nothing automatic. And valid DMCA requests are ignored regularly AND worse; invalid DMCA requests are applied causing people to lose their accounts.

Heck, read what Cairath wrote in this thread. Even Steam ignores these requests. Well at least one.

12 hours ago, Candide said:

Evidence says something else. As an example search for "kurzgesagt how facebook is stealing billions of views". If you don't have a personal bot that searches through the internet, there is nothing automatic. And valid DMCA requests are ignored regularly AND worse; invalid DMCA requests are applied causing people to lose their accounts.

Heck, read what Cairath wrote in this thread. Even Steam ignores these requests. Well at least one.

That isnt what i meant by automatic. there is no automatic magic entity that protects the author, it's the authors responsibility. DMCA however cannot be legally ignored if it is submitted correctly.

Why steam ignored it here has a specific reason behind it, one i dont believe i can share here as it is private information, but it makes for this particular author very difficult to protect their work due to circumstances.Steam ignored it because it was technically an incorrect submission.

Archived