Help with rocket automation

Hey guys, can anyone help me with automating rockets? How do I send rocket when available mass >= cargo mass. Let's say I have 2000kg cargo and I want to send rocket only when 2000kg is available not less.

You calculate the reproduction rate of the asteroid in question and setup a timer that activates once the planet is full.

say a planet with 100kg / cycle, then you make a 20 cycle timer.

Just be aware the planet mass calculation and profit calculations are minorly bugged in the sense that it might say there is 2.5t available, but you wont be able to get that, since the capacity of the rocket is withdrawn from the planet capacity BEFORE the actual mass is created. 

So you must make it so that you atleast have twice the rocket capacity available on the planet, before the rocket takes of.

If your rocket has 2 ton capacity, and planet has 2.5t available the moment the rocket lifts off, you'll only get 500kg (plus the amount that is generated while the rocket is in flight) the moment the rocket lands.

I didn't think it was possible to pick up the material faster than it regenerates without sending many rockets to the same planet constantly.  I know I have even sent two rockets to the same planet repeatedly several times and not seen its mass dip down noticeably.

14 hours ago, psusi said:

I didn't think it was possible to pick up the material faster than it regenerates without sending many rockets to the same planet constantly.  I know I have even sent two rockets to the same planet repeatedly several times and not seen its mass dip down noticeably.

They deplete quite rapidly If you send up 2t rockets. The far away ones that are worth the journey regain mass so slowly that they also get depleted after 8-10 trips usually..

On 26.3.2020 at 10:59 PM, cpy said:

So it's down to timers again, I thought I could use that automation signal somehow that have available planet mass checkmark.

unfortunately you can see the available mass in the rocket screen, but there is no way to work with that in automation. Rockets are either pretty much micromanagement changing the destinations every once in a while or it is timers. Writing this I just think I found a  valuable use for the counters, setup the number of trips that are going to be full load...

Space still is so rudimentary and glitched, I could imagine it is the target for the first DLC,

Archived