I just wanted to say, thank you, Klei. The patch y'all just made was like the gingerbread house in Hansel and Gretel to ants. Sweet and joyful. I'm glad we have amazing developers that listens to many of the community (although to be fair you guys didn't exactly have much choice since we literally rioted by creating a 9-page topic yelling for patches XD).

As usual, there are some protesters against this patch. Usually, I'd say "Majority over minority lmao" but that probably resulted in slavery and unfair judgement in some countries so instead of waiting for them to create another Riot Topic, I propose an optional fix.

Now as you guys are working with the She Sells Seashells update which is quite exciting, not gonna lie, I wouldn't ask for this to be implemented until you guys are done with everything important and have time to do some less concerning issues.

How about giving every character an option to switch to their pre-rework/pre-patch abilities? Like every character has a free skin called "Pre-Rework Willow" which would give Willow back her pre-reworked abilities, albeit at the cost of not being able to use Snowfallen/head skins. Yet again, this may cost alot of resources and make things klunky therefore it is just a suggestion. I don't want to disrupt/cause loss for Klei Devs by suggesting this idea. Just maybe, to appease the ones that want Wendy's hp:Abby damage ratio? I actually do like the mechanic but I'm also fine with the day cycle mechanic. So uh, yeah.

Uhhhh The Night cycle mechanic has been part of Wendy for as long as I can remember... the Rework is the only time they changed that.. which removed the feature altogether and made it rely on the low hp Wendy had the more damage Abigail did.

But that idea made it really hard for laggy PC and console players to play.

This Patch just reverts that Lower Health= Higher Damage they did with her Rework back to relying on the night Cycle from Pre-Rework.

TL:DR To Summarize for those who barely played as Wendy prior to this Refresh...

Abigail has always dealt more damage at Dusk (Red) and Night (Blue) then she deals at Day (Yellow) Only NOW she also has a Elixir she can craft that gives her her Maximum Night Time Damage Buff Useable during Daytime as well with Nightshade Nostrum.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Uhhhh The Night cycle mechanic has been part of Wendy for as long as I can remember... the Rework is the only time they changed that.. which removed the feature altogether and made it rely on the low hp Wendy had the more damage Abigail did.

But that idea made it really hard for laggy PC and console players to play.

This Patch just reverts that Lower Health= Higher Damage they did with her Rework back to relying on the night Cycle from Pre-Rework.

TL:DR To Summarize for those who barely played as Wendy prior to this Refresh...

Abigail has always dealt more damage at Dusk (Red) and Night (Blue) then she deals at Day (Yellow) Only NOW she also has a Elixir she can craft that gives her her Maximum Night Time Damage Buff Useable during Daytime as well with Nightshade Nostrum.

imo the biggest change is now they really manage to make you fight with abi, since you get a pretty considerable damage boost while fighting with her (her damage + your buffed damage - the regular wendy penalty) is a lot of damage even during daytime abi without elixir, wich is awesome, you actually have incentive to fight with her even if the 15 dmg is not that much, 15 dmg + the debuff that makes wendy hits harder is pure genious

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

-SNIP-

Sorry if I confused you, but I meant switching back to her Pre-Patch abilities such as hp=damage scaling and so on since some people preferred that. Heck, there may even be some people viewed as lunatic (though we shall not call them that, everyone can have their own opinion) that wanted Pre-Rework Wendy back for her Insane Sanity Stations (pun very intended) and ability to spam 600 hp Abigails.

Why not let them do whatever they want with Wendy (albeit in a more civilized way, we don't want FBI here) and have an option to switch to Wendy whenever they want, whichever version? Of course, this could come at the cost of Wendy being used as a switch character but hey, they wanted to do it, let them.

For Wendy's damage scaling, I have no comment regarding the matter as either health or daylight scaling + damage amplification strategies arguably have fun and engaging aspects.

However, on terms of the other characters, I would not be inclined to agree with pre-patch character selection. Look at the messes pre-rework Willow, Winona and Woodie were - underpowered, with their downsides outweighing their upsides (Woodie's old Wereform/Willow's freezing in insanity) or with too little abilities (Winona being another wilson with a few bits thrown here and there) making them too niche/too bland/too hard to play and generally not an enjoyable experience to play, even for their mains. That's why they were reworked, after all.

12 hours ago, Booklover said:

Sorry if I confused you, but I meant switching back to her Pre-Patch abilities such as hp=damage scaling and so on since some people preferred that. Heck, there may even be some people viewed as lunatic (though we shall not call them that, everyone can have their own opinion) that wanted Pre-Rework Wendy back for her Insane Sanity Stations (pun very intended) and ability to spam 600 hp Abigails.

Why not let them do whatever they want with Wendy (albeit in a more civilized way, we don't want FBI here) and have an option to switch to Wendy whenever they want, whichever version? Of course, this could come at the cost of Wendy being used as a switch character but hey, they wanted to do it, let them.

Classic solo Don't Starve exists. If you're searching for modification of her previous form, wait or ask for somebody to mod it, unless there already are some tweaks or mods that capture/utilize her previous gameplay in the steam workshop.

It may be too early to present this suggestion, as of now only Wendy has many sides of her that some people like and others don't. I don't recall anyone wanting to change the Willow, Woodie and Winona rework but definitely some people are against/want to change certain aspects of Wendy's rework due to how much Klei changed Wendy's mechanics and introduced quite a bit of new mechanics to her. There were pros and cons to this rework which there weren't in the 3 others.

Willow was amazing as they buffed her. Woodie now isn't overshadowed by Maxwell and Winona finally has a purpose, even though it's at the cost of being a switch character so I don't know of that's a con.

Wendy, however, came with a new playstyle as now she and Abigail are more intimate instead of "yo I have 10 of ur fluwers, imma spam, kay?" which some people liked the spam Abigail and also it enabled sanity stations. Whereas there are those who much preferred hp=damage scaling instead of now. Basically, whatever Klei does, they cannot appease both sides of Wendy players. It isn't possible except with mods/something else.

I suppose this could be a suggestion for modders out there to make the Perfect Wendy for some players.

9 hours ago, Booklover said:

It may be too early to present this suggestion, as of now only Wendy has many sides of her that some people like and others don't. I don't recall anyone wanting to change the Willow, Woodie and Winona rework but definitely some people are against/want to change certain aspects of Wendy's rework due to how much Klei changed Wendy's mechanics and introduced quite a bit of new mechanics to her. There were pros and cons to this rework which there weren't in the 3 others.

Willow was amazing as they buffed her. Woodie now isn't overshadowed by Maxwell and Winona finally has a purpose, even though it's at the cost of being a switch character so I don't know of that's a con.

Wendy, however, came with a new playstyle as now she and Abigail are more intimate instead of "yo I have 10 of ur fluwers, imma spam, kay?" which some people liked the spam Abigail and also it enabled sanity stations. Whereas there are those who much preferred hp=damage scaling instead of now. Basically, whatever Klei does, they cannot appease both sides of Wendy players. It isn't possible except with mods/something else.

I suppose this could be a suggestion for modders out there to make the Perfect Wendy for some players.

There were and are even now complains with each of those enumerated-by-you characters (Willow, Woodie, Winona) and more (Wurt, Warly) - just search General Discussion or the Suggestions one. And there were numerous suggestions regarding them when they came out. Some liked original DS Woodie, even with that ridiculous inventory-dropping in multiplayer context (where you would be picked clean by passer-byes, see what happens when someone dies or when you chop wood as Beaver), some liked Beaver to have the Moose-and-Goose imbedded, have Beaver swim etc. For Winona was the matter of her generators having a Switch-On, make Spotlight more proficient, then some desired her builds to only be made workable by Winona-alone or break over time so a Winona be needed all time to either repair them or prevent said breaking and so on. Also there are the try-hards wishing for a lot more cons as general punishment from the game.

Bottom line: no matter what Klei does, some players will never be happy/satisfied.

Archived