Constant lag spikes in mid-late game

As the title already mentioned, my problem is about the degrading performance of my games.

The games up to cycle 50-60 start of being great and smooth, no issues there.

But as the game goes on for longer and longer, there are constant lag spikes that happen more and more frequently.

They seem to happen at intervals of every 0.5-1 second now and they are like mini freezes that the game experiences. (currently cycle 80)

The longer the game goes on the harder it is to deal with them, making the game almost unplayable for me.

I've already tried all the things people have suggested about this issue and what klei has suggested on their troubleshooting post, but to no avail.

I've tried changing my GPU settings, vertical sync, freesync you name it but it just doesn't go away.

After looking at a performance graph on my wattman my gpu usage is spiking at 100% and going down to 0% at the same interval that the lag spikes happen, so this is something the gpu seems to be at fault.

Can anyone help me fix my performance issues to enjoy the game at its fullest or do I need to wait for a next patch note for them to be fixed.

Additional information:

Last time I played the game this much, about 3 months ago, I didn't have the same issues.

There have been a lot of GPU and Microsoft software updates that happened in between that time period. 

Computer specifications :

CPU: Ryzen 5 2400g with an integrated vega 8 igpu (Disabled manually due to the presence of a dedicated gpu) running at stock speeds 3600-4000mhz due to turbo boost. It's about 1.5 years old since purchase date. It has the stock cooler attached

GPU: Radeon RX 560 running at stock settings 1224mhz, it's about 1.5 years old since the purchase date. 

Motherboard: Aorus b450m at stock settings

Ram : 8x2 Tridentz (Didn't have them when I last played oxygen not included, could also be at fault), are very stable and don't cause performance issues in any game, they are 3000mhz and are ddr4 rgb

SSD: Gigabyte 120gb ssd

HDD: Toshiba 1 tb 

LOC 1080p 59hz (I usually manually change it to 60hz since it can handle it, but I've tested it and it doesn't affect the lag spikes)

Running on Windows 10 PRO updated to the most recent software version.

Temperatures during gameplay have been checked and are under 60 on both cpu and gpu, meaning no temperature issues.

Radeon adrenalin 20.3.1 current version.

I was at version 19.something when I had the lag spikes, I decided to update the software to see if that was the culprit but to no avail.

Comet.sav

I don't have any more recent saves because I kind of deleted all of them and drove my colony to extinction out of pure rage because I had so much fun but couldn't continue playing as the game was slowly freezing up. This save still lags a lot for me though, everytime that I try to play it the problem I mentioned earlier arrives.

Also added information is that the game is using a normal amount of ram and ram usage doesn't spike after playing for more than 1 hour. I have also tried to move it from hdd to ssd, the lag problem persisted. I have updated to all new softwares available for windows 10 and for my gpu but to no avail. I have tried all performance boosts, lowering resolution, overclocking, underclocking, undervolting, overvolting, none of them worked.

Temperatures on my hardware are below 60 while playing and I don't see any form of throttling.

• Developer

Hi,
I had a look at the save and it looks like this particular base is configured in a way that is causing one of the achievements to behave unhelpfully.

While we'll look into solving the issue on our end, you can try unlocking the shown achievement (Outdoor Renovations) to avoid the spike it's causing. While that may not be the only cause, it's definitely a factor. If you have a save that is still negatively affected by spikes after that, feel free to share it / post a bug as normal.

Hope that helps!

image.png

That's cool.. and weird.  

"Hey, yeah, my game is lagging, but I was doing fine until cycle 60."  "Go build a ladder."  "Huh, that fixed it."

I work with embedded systems a lot and its always fun to try and track down why the new subroutine just broke everything.  My favorite was debugging a robot that had to go through a series of tasks that were decided by colored tiles.  We were given a simple track that let us arrange the tiles any way we liked so we could test all the possible options.  Then on test day everything ran perfectly until the very last step.  I spent 10 hours going through every line of the code to figure out why it was going haywire on the last step.  It turned out that the compiler made integers 16 bits long, but the linker assumed they were 8 bits.  The test track was a couple of inches longer, and this slightly longer track meant the timer ticked just long enough to exceed the limit of the 8-bits it was assigned.  

It would be nice if KLEI would give us an option zo just disable the whole achievement stuff. I for example dont care the least about them, and i´m really annoyed everytime the message pops up, and i miss to hit the x exactly.

I do really would love to get just rid of it completly.

4 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

It would be nice if KLEI would give us an option zo just disable the whole achievement stuff. I for example dont care the least about them, and i´m really annoyed everytime the message pops up, and i miss to hit the x exactly.

Achievements are disabled when you are using mods or sandbox mode. I wonder if the tracking is disabled as well.

Archived