Griftlands Translation Update

• Developer

Hello International Grifters!

You may have noticed that we've been coy about Griftlands translations when asked in the past. That is because we were working on it THIS WHOLE TIME!

You can now play Griftlands in the following languages:

• Spanish
  • French
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Korean
  • Brazilian Portuguese
  • Russian
  • Turkish

The following languages are being worked on, but not are not yet ready for release:

• German
  • Dutch
  • Arabic
  • Chinese (Simplified)
  • Chinese (Traditional)

A couple of caveats:

• Translations take time, and these ones are based on the strings that existed in the game as of a couple of months ago. So when you are playing in a language other than English, you will still see a lot of English when you get to parts that are new or changed since then. We will be releasing translations updates as time passes, so please bear with us! At this point, most of Sal's story and cards are translated. Most of Rook's are not. 
  • The translations are VERY MUCH ALPHA. There will be issues! Lots of them! Especially around concepts that don't really exist in English, like grammatical gender or non-Latin font rendering. To this end, we've set up a special forum for language-specific issues: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/forum/218-griftlands-alpha-localization/
  • To change the language you are playing in, go to the options menu and select the "Other" tab to find the language spinner. The game will reset to apply your changes, so make sure you aren't mid-play.

Anyways, have fun! 

• Enable some partial translations!
  • Fix crash being able to upgrade a card that was just removed.
  • Removing parasites now uses DeltaMax rather than hand-rolling its clamp logic.  Prevent max health and health from going below 1.
  • The card tooltips now align correctly to the large focus-card in small-screen mode
  • Add Location:PostLoad.  Purge old work positions for backwards compatability.
  • move the SPARK_BARON_AUTOMECH thrust fx to the Hover Pack condition so it only shows up while it is hovering.
  • Adding a large card preview for small screen mode that is independent from the card-preview and not a tooltip. Making the card-preview transparent on small screen mode. Making the fighters' outlines larger on small screen mode.

View full update

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Only フィズラック is his name, seems like his description became his name. oof

Will Chinese be seperated  into simplified/traditional Chinese? Because I assume if only having either one of them may eh- trigger some different groups of people.

Edited by SpicyNiceCream
  • Like 1

Simple solution: load two fonts, one for simplified and one for traditional. when they change language it actually only changes the font, thereby saving a bunch of trouble translating.

If you ask me how am I going to solve the problems of simplified and traditional expressing the same thing differently, all I have to say is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nothing is ever simple about translations. I think this is also one of the most text-heavy games Klei have done (maybe Don’t Starve has more due to sheer number of characters and items?), and it’s only going to get better/worse. Godspeed Klei people.