Should there be a rework for Wilson

Should there be a Rework for Wilson? Yes there should. Do I have any ideas what that Rework should be like?

No.. I do not. However All Reworks should take into consideration their Klei Official Artwork, Loading Screens, portrait frames, and Vignettes. And Then go from there.

For Wendy that was sitting on top of Tombstones, enjoying the company of her ghost sister, taking casual strolls through the creepiest of places, and while everyone else is cowering in fear to Maxwells Shadow demonstrations at Hallowed Nights, Wendy looks highly Unamused and not even bothered by it.

In most of Wilson’s Loading screens animated trailers etc he is seen as almost a “Mad” scientist type character, Tapping Lab Rats Together with bundling wrap, Cutting Himself for a blood sacrifice, Pouring strange chemicals down Weregoose Woodies throat to observe the results.

(Joking on that last one...) but the point is he seems to do weird experiments on Animals.

So the only REALLY good suggestion I can give is when he is 100% insane to allow his shaved off beard hair pile to grow a pair of eyes, start moving and become an actual beardling Rabbit.

For Anyone who is NOT insane it would indeed appear as if Wilson was creating rabbits out of thin air.

Allowing him to be the only character in the game who can provide Rabbits to his group without ever having to go hunt them down. (At the obvious cost of being Insane first of course.)

Since Wilson is attributed to life and death as demonstrated in the forge and his rage at Maxwell in the comic when you complete the pre metheus puzzle. I forgot what it was called,

Wilson should be able to perform a ritual to bring back creatures from extinction that are prone to it. Namely, catcoons, volt goat and beefalo. If you play this game for long enough, you'll find that players can get a little kill happy and wipe out all beefalo on a server. Sometimes it's deerclops. Or the bearger tramples all over catcoon dens.

If Wilson is reworked this way, it's a problem that can be alleviated. If you set a hard cap where Wilson can bring back creatures/spawners. e.g. Cannot create catcoon dens when 5 exist in a world, cannot bring a beefalo from the dead if 4 herds currently exist and can't resurrect a volt goat if 2 herds already exist.

Have it be it's own tab called the "necromancy tab" 

I and many people who I've told would be extremely happy with this, all the while not trampling too hard on wilson as the basic character with no strengths or weaknesses. 

Won't hurt to give him special bonuses when reviving characters. just a thought. 

And just a thought that came to me, IF Wilson attempts to resurrect any species beyond it's determined limit as stated above, he creates a shadow version of what tried to resurrect. Shadow voltgoat, beard beefalo (not my idea but I like it) or black catcoon, etc.

So we want Wilson to have more affinity with Birdlings, Necromancy, and Forbidden Knowledge?

I know what it's like to play with a character "without" privileges, I'm main Wes and I don't like to play with other characters, and I love Wes' accelerated hunger, then.

Someone who really plays Wilson Do you want this?

Maybe, if these things are completely optional?

Or if things with Wilson were more Optimized?

Maybe we want Wilson to be a support. Specializing in healing?

Our have a gel that hypermeabilizes your beard, giving you more reasons to keep your beard long?

Maybe he can put an item in his beard like the eye of the chester or whatever?

What do you really want?

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Should there be a Rework for Wilson? Yes there should. Do I have any ideas what that Rework should be like?

No.. I do not. However All Reworks should take into consideration their Klei Official Artwork, Loading Screens, portrait frames, and Vignettes. And Then go from there.

For Wendy that was sitting on top of Tombstones, enjoying the company of her ghost sister, taking casual strolls through the creepiest of places, and while everyone else is cowering in fear to Maxwells Shadow demonstrations at Hallowed Nights, Wendy looks highly Unamused and not even bothered by it.

In most of Wilson’s Loading screens animated trailers etc he is seen as almost a “Mad” scientist type character, Tapping Lab Rats Together with bundling wrap, Cutting Himself for a blood sacrifice, Pouring strange chemicals down Weregoose Woodies throat to observe the results.

(Joking on that last one...) but the point is he seems to do weird experiments on Animals.

So the only REALLY good suggestion I can give is when he is 100% insane to allow his shaved off beard hair pile to grow a pair of eyes, start moving and become an actual beardling Rabbit.

For Anyone who is NOT insane it would indeed appear as if Wilson was creating rabbits out of thin air.

Allowing him to be the only character in the game who can provide Rabbits to his group without ever having to go hunt them down. (At the obvious cost of being Insane first of course.)

Why not a crafting tab in which he is able to create failed experiments and use those failures to his own advantage

1 hour ago, Mr0idealistic said:

Why not a crafting tab in which he is able to create failed experiments and use those failures to his own advantage

I thought about that, but remember- He was lured into the Constant over being a failed Scientist, However check out all his Klei Artwork, Loading Screens, Profile Portraits & Vignettes- Now that he has BEEN in the Constant as shown in all his Klei Arts- It would indeed appear as if he has learned some more of that “Forbidden Knowledge” he was promised, and even appears to take on a leadership role of guiding everyone else into battle for the Forge.

Where as outside of the Constant he lived in the woods, alone in a creepy looking house with Keep Out, Private Property signs.

So maybe having everything completely fail on him all the time simply won’t make any sense at all anymore?

(it would appear as if the Constant is changing these people for the better.)

In conclusion, we just want the next ones to be reformulated to be more deeper in their niche.

And we do not require reworking complete characters, but making small suggestions related to their main characteristics, which we consider to be cool, or which make sense to exist.

(But we will respect other players' preference for some characters, not suggesting things that mischaracterize the character's personality).

For example, I don't want Wes to have a sign to say the dogs are coming, I like the way it is.

At first I expected Wendy to receive a mega Rework, but then I realized that she looks great the way it will come.

And I believe that it may not receive more than a bug fix.

On 16/03/2020 at 8:03 AM, Mr0idealistic said:

When you think about it more, wasn’t Wilson given knowledge and secrets by maxwell?

Wilson just prototyped Maxwell's portal and a few things, so he wouldn't remember all the knowledge that Maxwell had promised.
He didn't have much time to learn before he was dragged into the constant.

It's what I think.

Archived