I just tried the 3 in one mod and here's what i think

JosePapp

So i was bored and thought about trying out that one mod, i didn't like mods that merged Rog with SW because their biomes kinda clashed a lot, at least for me. But i decided to give Hamlet biomes a try since they're tropical too.

I really like how the mod merges the rainforest with the Sw biomes! It really makes you have this feeling of discovery with every new island you visit, and the tropical biomes together with the rainforest ones work with each other amazingly.

It isn't without its bugs and shortcomings but i believe it is a pretty solid mod all in on itself, what are your thoughts?

2 hours ago, JosePapp said:

So i was bored and thought about trying out that one mod, i didn't like mods that merged Rog with SW because their biomes kinda clashed a lot, at least for me. But i decided to give Hamlet biomes a try since they're tropical too.

I really like how the mod merges the rainforest with the Sw biomes! It really makes you have this feeling of discovery with every new island you visit, and the tropical biomes together with the rainforest ones work with each other amazingly.

It isn't without its bugs and shortcomings but i believe it is a pretty solid mod all in on itself, what are your thoughts?

is it playable to the extent you can survive in it normally?

11 hours ago, Machine Reaper said:

is it playable to the extent you can survive in it normally?

So far, yeah! But it has bugs like suspicious dirt piles appearing on the sea and trees sometimes not quite align with the shores, however i don't think it really detriments the experience

7 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Make sure you also install the seasons changer mod by the same author. It'll allow you to turn on whatever seasons you want in any world type, meaning you can fine tune it for the 3 in 1 mod to include all the seasons in the game, or just the ones you want.

Already did! (But thanks!) i sneaked 5 days of Humid and Lush into the usual SW shenaniagans

2 hours ago, JosePapp said:

So far, yeah! But it has bugs like suspicious dirt piles appearing on the sea and trees sometimes not quite align with the shores, however i don't think it really detriments the experience

Already did! (But thanks!) i sneaked 5 days of Humid and Lush into the usual SW shenaniagans

I wonder if you can get to those dirt piles with a boat and pretty much find a koalaphant in the middle of water.

1 hour ago, Machine Reaper said:

I wonder if you can get to those dirt piles with a boat and pretty much find a koalaphant in the middle of water.

Haven't tried to yet. The other quirk it has is that city generation isn't quite city generation, if you get what i mean

19 hours ago, JosePapp said:

Haven't tried to yet. The other quirk it has is that city generation isn't quite city generation, if you get what i mean

do buildings pop in the middle of the water?

or are they scattered everywhere with pockets of buildings in different places?

2 hours ago, Machine Reaper said:

do buildings pop in the middle of the water?

or are they scattered everywhere with pockets of buildings in different places?

Oh no, it's nowhere near that severe. They just generate like sort of a middle point from pig villages and cities; town houses and shops scrambled about on a small island with the ocassional random topiary/ light post. Makes them feel like early colonies rather than cities.

Another cool thing is that with all different pig species on the same world, it feels like different cultures on a world, giving it a bit of immersion

14 minutes ago, JosePapp said:

Oh no, it's nowhere near that severe. They just generate like sort of a middle point from pig villages and cities; town houses and shops scrambled about on a small island with the ocassional random topiary/ light post. Makes them feel like early colonies rather than cities.

Another cool thing is that with all different pig species on the same world, it feels like different cultures on a world, giving it a bit of immersion

mmmm, me likey.

I'm gonna try both of the mods and see how it goes

Archived