Liquid Reservoir + Chlorine gas - Did this change?

I just finished setting up a Chlorine room to scrub Food Poisoning out of my reclaimed water.  (More of a RP thing than a practical requirement, but...ew. Germs.)  Previously, I would expect the liquid to be sterile within a couple cycles, but now it seems to be getting just the "Dying on liquid 3%/cycle" effect.

Can anyone check to see if this is the new normal?

image.thumb.png.95b2741e30f1fc35fc73fe39c1635c45.png

image.png

Alright, I can justify chlorine gas not impacting the water inside of a tank...but it seems it's not killing the slimelung on the surface of the Canister Emptier either?

image.thumb.png.5b6440af1488db19aeaa791981afc395.png

Bottom left tile is the interacting tile. None of the other tiles matter just the bottom left tile must be in chlorine.

The same with the canister emptier. It's only the bottom tile that matters.

You have CO2 there so it doesn't work.

8 hours ago, Neotuck said:

If you don't mind me asking @MikeKozar how effective is your setup?

can you provide screenshots with pipe and automation overlays? 

This is a pretty basic chlorine chamber - I'm taking advantage of the new Automation switches to run it manually.  In the past I've tried to use timers to pause the flow long enough to be certain the liquid is sterilized, or loops to deal with the liquid between the reservoir and the shutoff.  Still noodling around the new logic on the reservoir, not sure if it can help here or not. 

image.thumb.png.3610fdfd682c8705b3f11790177d1cb3.png

image.png

I used to build chlorine chambers accessed from the top. But eventually some other gas like CO2 will get in there and mess things up. Or gas pressure somehow drops and lets slime I put in there gas off. Now I always use liquid locks.

5 hours ago, MikeKozar said:

loops to deal with the liquid between the reservoir and the shutoff.  

Disabling the reservoir itself prevents liquids from leaving the reservoir so you don't need shutoffs and germy packets won't get stuck inside pipes

Here's a few screenshots of how I disable them using a mech door to disable the reservoir for a simple bathroom loop

1.thumb.png.4ce9df5f55a9df353646b745fb207a1f.png2.thumb.png.5c17370ff5faae0b0e4969cac408ce83.png

20200109075715_1.thumb.jpg.4906fedd3c938ef75eccdf622e1ba7da.jpg20200109075708_1.thumb.jpg.c8f11bc300226a68cadcc52755baac66.jpg

You can substitute the germ sensors with element sensors if you can't get plastic early game  

However you can't use element sensors to make a fail-safe shut-off to send any surviving germs back to the reservoir like in the screenshot above

What also works nicely for a toilet loop is making sure the water sits in the tank for a while by running the sieve only at a time when no dupe is using the facilities. Just have enough water in the output pipe for one complete cycle.

Archived