Bulk liquid oxygen and liquid hydrogen production?

So I'm running a new colony on volcanea, 500 cycles down the road I'm beginning to get into rocketry. I just sent out the first of a couple of steampowered research rockets to get me the data banks to get all the rocketry research quickly. 

Now I've managed to get LOX and LH2 production Going before, but nothing more than close to 1kg per second. 

I'm planning to automate rocket launches and utilize a lot of them down the line. However, I can find surprisingly little on builds to create cryofuels.

Anyone know of any builds that can proces >1kg/s of oxygen and hydrogen and cool them down to a liquid reliably? Im hoping to set something up that does not take up a gargantuan amount of space or power. 

I tried using liquification in place where electrolyzers are, but it was deleting more than 50% of hydrogen. So be careful when trying to go that way and test it sandbox, before you invest time in building it in survival base.

4 minutes ago, Angpaur said:

I tried using liquification in place where electrolyzers are, but it was deleting more than 50% of hydrogen. So be careful when trying to go that way and test it sandbox, before you invest time in building it in survival base.

How come 50% of your mass gets lost? Is that just a bug? 

1 minute ago, Saturnus said:

You can however liquify the oxygen in place and deal with the hydrogen separately.

I later rebuilt my system to pump hydrogen, and it was still deleting hydrogen. I watched frame by frame what was happning and when oxygen was being released from electrolyzers there was also a vacuum tiles created in same moment around the oxygen tile. I think that not all of hydrogen could be pushed to other hydrogen tiles and it was being deleted.

Maybe in a future I will experiment with this a bit more and find a working setup.

1 hour ago, Angpaur said:

I later rebuilt my system to pump hydrogen, and it was still deleting hydrogen. I watched frame by frame what was happning and when oxygen was being released from electrolyzers there was also a vacuum tiles created in same moment around the oxygen tile. I think that not all of hydrogen could be pushed to other hydrogen tiles and it was being deleted.

Maybe in a future I will experiment with this a bit more and find a working setup.

You think the layout of the system could be the cause of deleted hydrogen? 

Not sure. I changed layout various times and I couldn't get rid of the hydrogen deletion problem. But for sure I haven't explored all possible layouts so you can still give a try this idea. Much fun of this game is experimenting, after all :)

There was a famous gas conversion bug where gasses can be converted into a different kind of gas.

I suspect some variant of this is still around, since I have observed messy and hard to repro survival builds losing mass.

Archived