They don't, trees only grow on specific tiles such as grass, forest, deciduous, empty and some others.

But since manufactured tile edges are slightly exceeding over most natural tiles it's very likely for something to grows on the border so it looks like it spawned on the wrong tile, you can check by yourself with a pitchfork.

If you wanna fix this lil issue you can plant a tree on the opposite of the tile so nothing else will grow on it. ;)

29 minutes ago, ShaggyCTK said:

No i don't use mods. Can you explain why trees are growing on  cobblestone

• 20200309222712_1.thumb.jpg.e5ca8c0625b725bad8cd68f534ca1220.jpg

I only see stumps, which could have easily been there from before you turfed. Maybe you just forgot to dig'em up!

However if they do grow there, then it's a bug, report it! They check the tracker often!

Hmm... yeah that's definitively not supposed to spawn here unless they were here before, I don't have any idea of what could be wrong if you don't have mods, my only suggestion is to make a verification of your files from the game properties on Steam since I never had this issue and submit a bug if you're sure the stumps wasn't here previously.

Also, do that happen on every roads you've made or only in this area ?

I don’t think it’s a bug.. I’d love to know what your server settings are.

I got bored the other day so when building a world instead of selecting “Together” I choose “Classic”

And Instead Of “Regular Cave” I choose “Caves Plus”

And Instead Of “Default Resources” I choose “Highly Random”

The results ended up having Swamps down inside of Caves with Swamp Tentacle spawning in Savannah Turf.

It was cool and I loved it. I wish the game had more 100% completely randomized world gen options.

You want to make this game harder for everyone? Do away with the Set Pieces that always the same thing every game and give us Pure uncontrolled Chaos! 

(*Evil Mad Scientist Laughter*)

But no seriously- If you didn’t tamper with the server settings, and didn’t select highly random- then its probably a bug or something they’re experimenting around with for a later update that you happened to be lucky enough to discover! :) 

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

And Instead Of “Regular Cave” I choose “Caves Plus”

And Instead Of “Default Resources” I choose “Highly Random”

The results ended up having Swamps down inside of Caves with Swamp Tentacle spawning in Savannah Turf.

Uh...

Guess I will explain it.

There Biomes generate randomly, they don't depend on your wonky Worldgen options.

The worldgen didn't change anything.

3 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Uh...

Guess I will explain it.

There Biomes generate randomly, they don't depend on your wonky Worldgen options.

The worldgen didn't change anything.

Okay well, I didn’t know that- Thank You I guess?

This game didn’t come out on Xbox One until 2017.. and I only recently started playing DS Together Version more often once Klei started to add new content in 2019.

Most my time with The DS Franchise was spent trying to conquer Single Players Adventure Chapters.

Which meant I missed out on a ALOT of limited time free Twitch Drops, The Gorge, And WintersFeast 2018 Christmas Lantern Log In gift :( 

However.... Until today None of my CAVES World Gen have ever Quite looked like this, And I figured it was because I had chosen Highly Random that it was able to do this.

E6B8C122-6C9B-43FC-9066-097A5DEF7A16.gif

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay well, I didn’t know that- Thank You I guess?

This game didn’t come out on Xbox One until 2017.. and I only recently started playing DS Together Version more often once Klei started to add new content in 2019.

Most my time with The DS Franchise was spent trying to conquer Single Players Adventure Chapters.

Which meant I missed out on a ALOT of limited time free Twitch Drops, The Gorge, And WintersFeast 2018 Christmas Lantern Log In gift :( 

However.... Until today None of my CAVES World Gen have ever Quite looked like this, And I figured it was because I had chosen Highly Random that it was able to do this.

E6B8C122-6C9B-43FC-9066-097A5DEF7A16.gif

since ds vanilla there is always swamps in the caves

and that tentacle spawning in savanna its something normal because its near of the swamp so the tentacle its from the swamp

25 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

since ds vanilla there is always swamps in the caves

and that tentacle spawning in savanna its something normal because its near of the swamp so the tentacle its from the swamp

I think it’s because I choose to host my world in DS Classic settings instead of hosting it with the default DST settings. It’s something that in DST I had not encountered before messing around with the settings. But Maybe I just got lucky when it came to world gen.

Also.. I kinda just wanted to post this here- So Enjoy (beware this is a super long video so only watch if you have an hour or two to invest into this)

I found watching this to be neat- to see what Don’t Starve started as and also the drastic amounts of free updates and the two Paid DLC add-ons that really changed the game over the years.

This video ends before the newer stuff that was added in Return of Them so it’s not a COMPLETE list, but it was still cool to watch. :) 

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I think it’s because I choose to host my world in DS Classic settings instead of hosting it with the default DST settings. It’s something that in DST I had not encountered before messing around with the settings. But Maybe I just got lucky when it came to world gen.

I told you that because it happends to me too in surface with together settings. Its rare but happens

35 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I told you that because it happends to me too in surface with together settings. Its rare but happens

Thanks, By the way is there a Full Montage Of ALL Don’t Starve/DST Cinematics available somewhere?

the video I linked ends with Don’t Starve Hamlet... :(

They have done Willow DST Short, Warlys DST Short, Wurt & Hallowed Nights Short, Wintersfeast 2019, Return of Them Turn Of Tides, Return of Them Salty Dog, Return of Them Hook, Line & Inker.. Since then.

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Thanks, By the way is there a Full Montage Of ALL Don’t Starve/DST Cinematics available somewhere?

the video I linked ends with Don’t Starve Hamlet... :(

They have done Willow DST Short, Warlys DST Short, Wurt & Hallowed Nights Short, Wintersfeast 2019, Return of Them Turn Of Tides, Return of Them Salty Dog, Return of Them Hook, Line & Inker.. Since then.

i dont know but klei has a playlist with all of them

(the link should be for the entire list)

Is it possible for trees to grow on Cobblestone in the Hamlet DLC? I have not yet played Hamlet.. but I can only imagine that a civilized Pig Village might would have trees in the center of its town.

Eitherway- Your picture is defiantly cool, & I would totally build a town around that area digging up the road & rounding it out in a Square or Circle shape to be like cute little “man-made” middle of town tree displays. :) 

On 3/10/2020 at 11:55 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Is it possible for trees to grow on Cobblestone in the Hamlet DLC? I have not yet played Hamlet.. but I can only imagine that a civilized Pig Village might would have trees in the center of its town.

Eitherway- Your picture is defiantly cool, & I would totally build a town around that area digging up the road & rounding it out in a Square or Circle shape to be like cute little “man-made” middle of town tree displays. :) 

They grow on patches of normal soil.

Archived