What item do you think would be really cool to add but is too op to be balanced?

Inspired by someone saying there should be a item that converts sanity to lunacy wherever you are. Seems like a cool idea, but I don't think there is a good way to balance that.

41 minutes ago, thetricker1 said:

any good range weapon

This. Right now you can pretty much only use melee and only kite things. The ranged options are not practical at all and are just used to gain aggro, pretty much.

Just now, Canis said:

This. Right now you can pretty much only use melee and only kite things. The ranged options are not practical at all and are just used to gain aggro, pretty much.

sometimes i kill winter birds to spawn krampus and then i craft blowdarts with the feathers. They are op, 100 damage (200/125 with wolfgang/wigfrid) with 0 danger, its free damage. I use then to finish bosses but doing it i understand why klei had done range weapons so expensive to craft. Fire darts does more damage but fire...

I would be happy if klei makes an upgrade of the boomerang (you need a boomerang+something) will have good damage and the risk of being hitten so it will be less "free damage" and for enemies on fire just making fire less able to spread when its an enemy the fount of the fire

26 minutes ago, thetricker1 said:

sometimes i kill winter birds to spawn krampus and then i craft blowdarts with the feathers. They are op, 100 damage (200/125 with wolfgang/wigfrid) with 0 danger, its free damage. I use then to finish bosses but doing it i understand why klei had done range weapons so expensive to craft. Fire darts does more damage but fire...

I would be happy if klei makes an upgrade of the boomerang (you need a boomerang+something) will have good damage and the risk of being hitten so it will be less "free damage" and for enemies on fire just making fire less able to spread when its an enemy the fount of the fire

Darts are never worth the hassle for what is essentially two battle spear hits.

9 hours ago, thetricker1 said:

any good range weapon

The main reason for this is just that bosses are not designed to be fought ranged. Every boss' main damage source comes from a close ranged attack. This makes me feel like a boss designed to be fought with range weapons would be really cool and unique to see (maybe they could play around with how the lunar island spiders make ground spikes to attack the player to make a lunar island boss that does something similar but more far ranged and in zones similar to klaus), but the problem still stands with balancing the ranged weapons you are supposed to use during the fight

Archived