Immortal fish

Hello there. I have a problem that I just can't solve: whenever I go fishing, the fish I catch stay alive until rotten. They keep bouncing around for more than two days and they just never die if I don't pick them up and do it myself. What's up with that? I've seen a lot of guides on youtube and noone has this issue; I've also checked on every possible forum I can and nothing.

Furthermore, I've reinstalled the whole thing and even checked there were no mods active. It simply does not work and I don't think it's a bug, since like I said, I reinstalled the whole thing. Anyone know what's going on?

I attached two screenshots to show the time passing and the fish just... well... alive

numba 1.PNG

numba 2.PNG

They changed fish so it doesn’t die immediately when Wurt came out, Wurt can Carry them around to regain Sanity lost as long as the fish is still Alive.

if you want it to die just pick it up and Murder it in your inventory. Fish no longer turn into Rot either, they become Spoiled Fish Morsel (Wurt loses Sanity holding Murdered Fish or SFM)

17 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

They changed fish so it doesn’t die immediately when Wurt came out, Wurt can Carry them around to regain Sanity lost as long as the fish is still Alive.

if you want it to die just pick it up and Murder it in your inventory. Fish no longer turn into Rot either, they become Spoiled Fish Morsel (Wurt loses Sanity holding Murdered Fish or SFM)

I see, thank you! I like playing Warly and I was worried this would actually be an impairment since some recipes require different forms of fish (fresh or morsel) but if they changed it, then the recipes have been adjusted too; thanks again!

1 minute ago, Clawder said:

I see, thank you! I like playing Warly and I was worried this would actually be an impairment since some recipes require different forms of fish (fresh or morsel) but if they changed it, then the recipes have been adjusted too; thanks again!

Pick it up and murder it to turn it into Fish Morsel.

21 minutes ago, Clawder said:

The different fish do change at least 1 recipe that I have noticed so far (possibly a few more). In order to cook Ceviche you will need to catch the larger fish from the ocean (or Eels from inside the caves) and not the smaller freshwater fish morsels caught in ponds on the surface.

Archived