(Mandatory) Mods / Missing content ?

On 2/26/2020 at 6:41 AM, Racso5 said:

Can you elaborate please? Are you saying that as long as there is enough liquid flowing then no problems are encountered with the Liquid Bottler mod?

I mean when your dupe want liquid, say 500 kg of water but mean while there's only 30kg in the liquid bottler dupe come pick it up, then 1 sec later liquid bottler have another 10kg(assume you have constant 10kg/s) so they will come pick it up again.

In most case it works totally fine if you have a constant 10kg/s unless your dupe is totally idle they will constantly pick the water up lead to that looping.

The issue only start when you have less than 10kg/s water liquid bottler will not have enough liquid and when you have multiple places needed for supply those problem lead to multiple rounds of run.

Is the problem weird ? No. You can easily solve it by having a liquid tank as a buffer next to it / or build multiple sets of liquid bottler + liquid tank.

This isn't mod problem it's just when consumer>producer which is normally happen even IRL.

15 hours ago, SackMaggie said:

I mean when your dupe want liquid, say 500 kg of water but mean while there's only 30kg in the liquid bottler dupe come pick it up, then 1 sec later liquid bottler have another 10kg(assume you have constant 10kg/s) so they will come pick it up again.

In most case it works totally fine if you have a constant 10kg/s unless your dupe is totally idle they will constantly pick the water up lead to that looping.

The issue only start when you have less than 10kg/s water liquid bottler will not have enough liquid and when you have multiple places needed for supply those problem lead to multiple rounds of run.

Is the problem weird ? No. You can easily solve it by having a liquid tank as a buffer next to it / or build multiple sets of liquid bottler + liquid tank.

This isn't mod problem it's just when consumer>producer which is normally happen even IRL.

Ah that makes more sense. Thanks for the explanation!

I'm trying to limit myself only to QOL mods for the UI, but I may give in to the Liquid Bottler mod because it is something that is sorely missing from the game (considering that the vanilla game has a gas bottler). I wonder if the devs have ever provided justification for omitting it... surely it's not just due to a simple lack of effort.

Edit:

@SackMaggie - Have you run into these issues with the Liquid Bottler mod?

" I have multiple bottle emptier's across the map, and my dupes keep taking the bottles from this liquid bottler even though the emptier's aren't set to auto bottle."

"Several of my dupes are caught in an endless loop of pulling liquid from the liquid bottler just to put it in my bottle inserters no matter how low I set the priority."

"A very good tool but it is impossible to desactivate when in emergency bottling"

"Seems to conflict with fluid shipping, they constantly want to transport from one to the other"

These quotes are comments from the Steam Workshop.

4 hours ago, Racso5 said:

" I have multiple bottle emptier's across the map, and my dupes keep taking the bottles from this liquid bottler even though the emptier's aren't set to auto bottle."

I've this issues and also enable/disable the building doesn't change anything. But that's fine I can lock the door instead.

4 hours ago, Racso5 said:

"Several of my dupes are caught in an endless loop of pulling liquid from the liquid bottler just to put it in my bottle inserters no matter how low I set the priority."

"A very good tool but it is impossible to desactivate when in emergency bottling"

"Seems to conflict with fluid shipping, they constantly want to transport from one to the other"

Never seen an issue with that.

4 hours ago, SackMaggie said:

I've this issues and also enable/disable the building doesn't change anything. But that's fine I can lock the door instead.

You make a room for the liquid bottler so that you can control access via a door?

Even if you restrict access with a door, how do you ensure that a Dupe is going to deliver liquid where you want instead of to the bottle emptier? It sounds like this mod may force you to stop using bottle emptiers in order to avoid issues.

5 hours ago, Racso5 said:

You make a room for the liquid bottler so that you can control access via a door?

Yeah, You can make a room 5x4 for normal liquid extractor thing to avoid using mod(forgot the name).

5 hours ago, Racso5 said:

where you want instead of to the bottle emptier? It sounds like this mod may force you to stop using bottle emptiers in order to avoid issues.

Well.. not stop using it but you destroy it after your requested liquid is deliver.

2 hours ago, SackMaggie said:

Well.. not stop using it but you destroy it after your requested liquid is deliver.

Well, that is basically the same thing lol. If you destroy the bottle emptier that means you have to stop using it until you build it again. :)

This is the kind of artificial and inconvenient requirement that I want to avoid with mods - I don't want to worry about a special requirement to destroy something in order to avoid issues with the mod. I can tell that this requirement isn't a problem for you and that is okay; I think it's cool that you are enjoying the mod. But I like mods that integrate with the game so well that they feel like they are part of the vanilla game.

I will probably just continue to monitor the mod for future updates to see if this issue ever gets resolved.

Thank you again for discussing this with me in detail!

Archived