Substitute for Item Codes

So I was thinking as a replacement for Item Codes on PS4 maybe a Klei Store purchase could provide PS4 Profile Icons and PS4 Backgrounds. Maybe have an option in the store that lets you select your platform before finalizing your purchase. Of course, i'd imagine Sony would probably look at this the same way they looked at the item codes.

Regardless, I wouldn't mind some DST PS4 Profile Icons and Backgrounds on the Sony Store. I'd pay 5 bucks for a handful of profile pics, hell i'd pay 10 bucks for a good DST Background/Theme.

I am looking forward to more additions to the Klei Store, item codes or not. Planning on picking up the item/mob posters once we get our taxes done.

Why don’t they just let you go to the Klei Rewards page, Type in a Code you got with your Funko Pop or Whatever and Redeem (for Free) Whatever Item it is you had the code for in the first place?

This Ignores Sony’s No Code’s Policy COMPLETELY. Unless... I am missing Something and the Klei Rewards Redeemables are not available on PS4?

13 minutes ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

You are missing something, item codes are no longer redeemable on PS4, been that way for a while now.

No dude.. your missing the point, you do not need to redeem ANYTHING on your PS4, you Redeem them using a code that you have on this page here: 

(well okay not this Page here.. but the link JoeW provides on this page Here.)

In Short: You will go to this Website on your Computer or Mobile Smartphone, and put in an Item Code, Click on the Item on that page that is Redeemable, and then just like with claiming ANY of the rewards currently on that page, you will receive your item the next time you log into DST on your PS4.

This would ignore Playstations Code Redemption policy completely wouldn’t it?

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

No dude.. your missing the point

I'm not, you are confused.

I'm signed up for the Klei rewards, and I already have the tent. I'm currently waiting for some new stuff to spend the rest of my points on, and I'm hoping they release the Pile of Spools soon.

This has nothing to do with the item codes you receive when making purchases on the Klei Store. We were able to get the Calico Chester item skin after purchasing Calico Chester-

official-don-starve-calico-chester_1_cc12fe2ee0dbf0206b8f61b832ec4c3b.jpg

322330_screenshots_20171207153758_1.jpg

Same with the Pink Winter Hat-

Pink-Winter-Hat-Snow-item-1.jpg

1138860923_preview_SHU_zKWvRz.png

But item codes from purchases are no longer redeemable on PS4.

6 minutes ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

I'm not, you are confused.

I'm signed up for the Klei rewards, and I already have the tent. I'm currently waiting for some new stuff to spend the rest of my points on, and I'm hoping they release the Pile of Spools soon.

This has nothing to do with the item codes you receive when making purchases on the Klei Store. We were able to get the Calico Chester item skin after purchasing Calico Chester-

official-don-starve-calico-chester_1_cc12fe2ee0dbf0206b8f61b832ec4c3b.jpg

322330_screenshots_20171207153758_1.jpg

Did you type in a Code on your PlayStation 4 to Redeem that?

or did you go to Rewards Page Tab Type your Code THERE and Redeem it over PC or Smartphone?

I believe that is the Difference I’m trying to explain.

Like When they Update the Rewards Program and add new stuff they can add “Proof of Purchase” Skins to the Tab and for people that Have NOT Purchased those items they can either buy them at a ridiculously high spools cost, or they will show up as Not Redeemable without Proof of Purchase Code.

Meanwhile for the people who do HAVE a PoP Code (haha that’s ironic.. but Anyway.) They can type their code in on the Webpage and then that Item will show up as costing Zero Spools to them.

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Snip, *sigh*

If you scroll down past the first 1 or 2 posts in the PS4 section, you will notice this has been an ongoing issue.

Item Codes ARE NOT REDEEMABLE on PS4. The PS4 community hasn't collectively missed something. Item codes are no longer redeemable on PS4. The problem seems to be Sony doesn't get a cut from the player receiving content on their platform.

Once upon a time, you would make a Klei Store purchase, start DST on PS4, and select the "Redeem Code" option in the main menu of DST on PS4, and enter the code on the card you received with your Klei Store purchase. None of these skins can be purchased anywhere. The only way to obtain them was through the item card received with the Klei Store purchase. Not sure how else to explain this to you.

20200209_131053.jpg

20200209_131100.jpg

This is still possible to do on Steam as far as I know, and maybe XBox, but not on PS4

I do not own a PS4, but I did own a Ps3.. and I have a buddy who owns the PS4- But I know for a fact this has to be an effective work around because Major game companies like Ubisoft (with their Ubisoft Club) and EA with (EA Access) Allows PlayStation gamers to Redeem codes over their Website and completely Ignore Sony’s No Console codes Policy.

15 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Snip

So do I tell Sony you used to own a PS3 so I can get the codes, or do I tell Klei you used to own a PS3 to get the codes? Or do I tell them you know a guy who has a PS4? Somehow I think that doesn't matter to either company.

How other companies operate is irrelevant, EA and Ubisoft aren't the ones providing me the in game items.

The point remains the codes are no longer redeemable on PS4. Sony and Klei aren't waiting for me or you to do something about it, the situation is what it is. There currently is no way around it. Whether there will be in the future remains to be seen, but at the moment there is not, regardless about how bad you want to be right about this.

Like you, I'm also waiting for a way to get around the issue of having a Pop figure code to unlock something (want me that Webber umbrella). I unlocked the Meepsack way back when with no problem, but the PS4 code redeem feature has been gone for a long time now (this pretty well known by the community). I do like your idea of Klei expanding their Klei Rewards page with more items (it's been in beta for a while now) and possibly using it to get around the Pop figures/Klei Store merch in-game items issue. Again, I don't see how that wouldn't be an issue, as we got the tent and other Twitch drops in other ways that circumvent the PS storefront.

If a Klei moderator could chime in and give us your take, many of us would certainly appreciate the insight. We love your game!

I am the single person with the worst luck in the universe, as I bought a funko Wilson and a Crabbit plushy exactly the week the code redeem feature was disabled. 

By the time they arrived home, it was too late.

I am still waiting for a way of redeeming my codes as well :wilson_cry:

Same on my side... i got the games on pc (shipwreck and rog) to get the pirate birdcage and the mini monument fire pit... sadly i wasnt active yet on the forum and the games didnt give code like they used to... so i went on the forum and saw that they didnt do the code process anymore for those game and rather did it automatically on your steam dst account. I was really sad :(

On 2/15/2020 at 10:01 AM, Warlockadamm said:

Same on my side... i got the games on pc (shipwreck and rog) to get the pirate birdcage and the mini monument fire pit... sadly i wasnt active yet on the forum and the games didnt give code like they used to... so i went on the forum and saw that they didnt do the code process anymore for those game and rather did it automatically on your steam dst account. I was really sad :(

I’m on Xbox One Not PS4 and even WE can’t get the Loyality skins for Shipwrecked Birdcage & Firepit. 

Archived