Egg Cracker: Tame Only, Wild Only

Can we get Tame Only and Wild Only checkboxes on the egg cracker?  I'd like to the ability to automatically process tame eggs[1] without obliterating the wild hatch populations I like to keep in various biomes.

[1]  I know this can be achieved via automation (quite easily, in fact), but the egg cracker's animation is too cute not to use.

Taming is genetic, it carries over between parent and child.

Dupes do not pay attention to any attributes of the items they grab. They will grab scalding steel, infected ore and half rotten food with no regard for any other options available. If you want to pay attention to an item property, dupe labor is a no go. However it is possible to use automation to control temperature, remove germs and organize inventory in a useful way.

So set up your automation to pull eggs out of the game pen, and ship them over to the cracker. Eggs can be cracked automatically by ruining their hatching process. The raw egg can be freely handled by dupes or automated even more to cook in a hot location. The solutions do exist in game, so give them a go. It's probably more fun than  hitting a check box anyway.

Use a door to control your dupe's access to certain area and only use one dupe to cook (as well as cook eggs).

Make sure your base is basically closed and your cook could not get out side or get into your ranches, use auto sweeper to clean up axtra eggs.

Archived