A few ideas for new structures.

This is a bunch of maybe unecessary ideas.

Manual Generators
A Winona exclusive structure that as the name implies, would generate power by running on a wheel, there would be 2 sizes, small for rabbits and carrats and large, for players, pigmen, merms and bunnymen. The YOTC carrat perks would apply, the speed stat would generate more power and the endurance stat would make it run for longer.
For players,and followers, they would lose 1 hunger point every 1 second working on the generator.
*cough cough ONI manual generator cough cough*

Batteries
The batteries would have 3 types
Basic Battery: This battery could be crafted by all and could only be powered by lightning rods, it would power winona's machinery and could charge WX-78s.
Winona's Battery: Nearly Identical to the Basic battery, just that it can be charged by her generators.
Winona's advanced battery: would hold 50% more power and would allow for WX-78s to discharge.
Portable Battery: A battery that would occupy the back slot, giving you 25% speed reduction, but could hold energy while moving and charge buildings in the battery's range, it could be also placed on the ground, when equiped, it would only charge 1 building in it's range, it would be the same as winona's battery but would have less range.
The battery could be turned on and off, when on and not beeing used it wouldn't waste energy.
The battery could expand the range of generators, since they'd transfer power between batteries, they'll have a power range, similar to the generators.
A fully charged advanced battery could charge a WX-78 for 3 days.

Siren
It's a siren that alerts, when it has power incoming hounds, giants and fire in it's range, when fire is detected, all flingos in it's range would turn on. it would be also incredibly loud, you'd be able to see it on the map when it's on.
I don't know how exactly it would be crafted, but it would need a Screaming Bird a rare bird that can be found on [dangerous/hard-to-get-to place]
The way that the siren would work is that the bird would get electrified and scream!(this is Don't Starve, don't tell me that that is cruel!)

Mud

Would be obtained by fishing mud fish or sea debris. the mud could be cooked in a fire to make mud brick, mud brick would work as a replacement for nearly all cut stone recipes and could be used to make a Mud Oven, the mud oven would be a way to mass produce ash and coal, logs, boards, etc would be turned into 3 coal each, and twigs, grass, foods, etc would be turned to 3 ash each.

Mud could also be used to make muddy floor, that would slow anything in it(with a few execptions, perhaps)

Tell me what you guys think!

I like when new structures are introduced into DST, but besides the batteries, I don't think the manual generator and siren would be very useful. IMO, the manual generator kind of sounds like a waste of time, considering how often pigs and bunnymen usually die. The siren sounds cool, but you can hear when there are incoming hound attacks and bosses.

The batteries and mud and mud oven sounds nice, though.

Just now, reverentsatyr said:

I like when new structures are introduced into DST, but besides the batteries, I don't think the manual generator and siren would be very useful. IMO, the manual generator kind of sounds like a waste of time, considering how often pigs and bunnymen usually die. The siren sounds cool, but you can hear when there are incoming hound attacks and bosses.

The batteries and mud and mud oven sounds nice, though.

Well, Sometimes it can get quite hard to hear, I've seen a lot of people die because of hounds because they were not paying attention, also the the siren turns on all flingos in it's range when there's a fire, so it's good against wildfires/griefers, if you're not paying attention.
Also, new players sometimes do not know what a hound attack or boss attack is, so a siren would make it a bit more clear.

Archived