[Experimental Update] - 390550

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

This is our "candidate build" for this week's update. We've fixed all of the major bugs that have cropped up in testing so far, and I think that the balance for the final fight is in a pretty good place. Expect some more minor fixes (and some fight audio stuff that's coming in hot) over the next two days, and then Sal's story will be complete!

• Move the auction to a better place on the map
  • Fixed oolo and nadan clone fx lagging bug, added hologram spawning fx into taunts 
  • Added the Kashio boss slide animation
  • Added art for "call oolo"
  • Kashio's summoned robot will give up if she dies or surrenders
  • Kashio now plays an anim when spawning her holograms
  • add unique, alias tags to kashio to prevent multi-kashio bugs
  • Fix double kill of heckler in rise_worker_rally
  • agent:GetName() will return the shorttitle if there is no name, so that calling code can assume that name returns *something* (this is for nameless people who you end up having relationships with)
  • Fix for doubled agents in crew portrait list when loading a game
  • Fixed bug where killing a hologram (not just hitting it) caused a crash
  • Fix trip through back room resetting the auction lots (they wouldn't match, and Kashio would get a bonus pick)
  • Kashio Grenades do slightly less damage
  • Kashio's automech is now 1 combat strength weaker
  • Macro rasp incepts 2 bleed cards instead of 3

View full update

On a personal note, I'd like to extend my biggest possible thanks to everyone who's played the experiments and provided bug reports, feedback, or just plain metrics. I've been doing early access development since the early days of Don't Starve, and the past two weeks was probably the best experience I've had yet with public testing. 

The Kashio fight is kind of a big deal for Griftlands, so we wanted to make sure we got it extra polished and fun for the initial release. We tried the new in-game experiment method to help the players help us, and you all really delivered! I want to test all of the new bosses going forward in a similar way!

capture.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I still have the bug where completing oolo's assassination sidequest skips the final boss. Also the provoke option isn't what I thought it was going to be. Unlike the other provoke negotiation to kill the hated person, this provoke negotiation is just reducing the opponent's resolve down to 0, which doesn't make much sense since people who hate me should be more easily provoked, or at the very least, not harder.

• Like 2

• Developer

Good point about the provoke. I’ll update it (a lot of this quest content was done quite a while ago when the game was different)

Not sure what could be going on with the assassination - sounds like the last stage of the quest is failing to spawn for some reason. I’ll take a look in the morning. 

• Thanks 2

• Developer
16 hours ago, RageLeague said:

I still have the bug where completing oolo's assassination sidequest skips the final boss. Also the provoke option isn't what I thought it was going to be. Unlike the other provoke negotiation to kill the hated person, this provoke negotiation is just reducing the opponent's resolve down to 0, which doesn't make much sense since people who hate me should be more easily provoked, or at the very least, not harder.

Looking into this now. Are you talking about the quest where you have to assassinate Oolo on day 4, or the one where Oolo asks you to assassinate someone at the entrance to the auction on day 5?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Looking into this now. Are you talking about the quest where you have to assassinate Oolo on day 4, or the one where Oolo asks you to assassinate someone at the entrance to the auction on day 5?

Not the poster, but considering they refer to it as a “side quest”, I assume they meant the latter.

• Developer

Just pushed an update with the following: 

• Adding small screen and touch input support to the card draft screen
  • Adding small screen and touch input support to the Quest popup
  • Pause the intents rotation when they're focused or hovered
  • uprezed some negotiation modifiers 
  • Adjusted the combat strength of the drone spawned by support_beacon
  • Fixed the confirm button not showing up for people with the Confirm Card option enabled
  • The provoke negotiation in the assassination part of the finale uses actual provoke.
  • Silenced Kashio's holograms so they don't play a cacophony of sounds when they spawn

Haven't been able to reproduce the assassination/auction skip. Will keep looking into it. If anyone sees that again, please submit an f8 log as soon as you realize it's happening :) 

Also just pushed ANOTHER update (sorry) that adds a bunch of missing sounds to the Kashio fight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Developer

Just pushed a fix for the "skipping the auction" bug.

For the curious:

It would actually happen whenever you'd get to the auction by playing all of the way through the game, because Kashio was cast in the main quest, and couldn't be re-cast in the auction confrontation. Normally agents aren't allowed to be cast in multiple quests at once, but we turn off this restriction in special cases (such as the named characters who have plot armour, like Kashio). 

If you went into the auction through the experiment, or our dev tools, it would work properly, because the main story quest wasn't there. Sigh.

• Thanks 3