Steel not reported/counted

Hi,

Did anyone encounter the following situation: I've deconstructed several buildings and even manufactured steel but the game still reports that I have no steel (see screenshot). Is there any way to get out of this or do I have to restart the game?

Best,

Steel.jpg

I believe when dupes are using material, it temporarily is treated as though it doesn't exist because the resource counter doesn't distinguish between delivering to a storage container and delivering to a construction or a building that will consume it.  That's why, if you have exactly 200 kg of refined metal and you build a smart battery, it flashed "not enough resources."  Personally, I think that is a flaw in the game, especially since you can't build with materials that the game doesn't think you have (at least, without a mod).

You're (all) right, it was my mistake. I had a blueprint of a cooler "pasted" somewhere on the map to use it as a model and indeed it required steel. Once I canceled/deleted the construction the steel became available. Thanks for making me see that :)

Archived