(suggestion) Can we get the choice of having the old diseases or new ones.

I miss the way the old diseases and the way the immunity system worked. Can you give us a choice of playing with the new immunity system or the old one. I feel like the new system doesn't even effect your dupes. I hardly notice when they are sick. In none of my colonys have I ever even needed to dazel into med supplies let alone set up the room. They just don't do anything really. I think it would be cool to add more diseases and infections to the game( or give us a choice for the harder difficulty)  new diseases or natural disaster would also be a cool addition. Like asteroid tremors, ( breaks holes in the asteroid,  can damage buildings and pipes.), solar storm, ( disables electronics for a few cycles), heat waves, cold snaps, (self explanatory.) I'm sure everyone gets the point 

With the old diseases i almost never saw the diseases. With proper play you could avoid them completely. But i miss the crisis management the outbreaks involved. Old diseases were actually a problem. Now when untreated they last shorter than fully treated in the old system. I think we need something in between. So it`s still a danger and can`t be fully avoided, it`s just not as deadly.

Absolutely, their should be a few more types of deadly diseases. I never do anything in medical because we'll I never notice the difference anyways. Easy way to make them into the game is by adding vents having a chance to emit gas or fluid with the disease on it. Like a Co2 vent with the zombie spores 

I’d love to see diseases being communicable (contagious). The hospital says it is used to quarantine sick duplicants, but right now they can wander around the base and nothing happens. We should be on code 5 lockdown!!! A sick duplicant walks through a healthy base; everyone they pass should become infected. I like this idea!!

22 hours ago, yoakenashi said:

I’d love to see diseases being communicable (contagious). The hospital says it is used to quarantine sick duplicants, but right now they can wander around the base and nothing happens. We should be on code 5 lockdown!!! A sick duplicant walks through a healthy base; everyone they pass should become infected. I like this idea!!

This would be a nice touch. Actually slimelung should spread kinda like this. Coughing dupes spread germs to the air but unless it`s polluted oxygen they die off instantly. If they created much more germs per cough it would work more like that.

We need more germ types. Maybe ones that make dupes covered in them passively. Like some sort of fever, they sweat and get covered by germs. You`d have to quarantine them or they spread the germs around the entire base.

Still with instant healing quarantine doesn`t make much sense. It was cool with the old system that required multiple cycles to recover from disease.

45 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

This would be a nice touch. Actually slimelung should spread kinda like this. Coughing dupes spread germs to the air but unless it`s polluted oxygen they die off instantly. If they created much more germs per cough it would work more like that.

We need more germ types. Maybe ones that make dupes covered in them passively. Like some sort of fever, they sweat and get covered by germs. You`d have to quarantine them or they spread the germs around the entire base.

Long ago (before diseases were nerfed) I pitched an idea for the ONI equivalent to the common cold.  The idea was to have it cause sneezing, meaning the germs could be airborne, and would necessitate either judicious use of sinks or quarantine to keep afflicted dupes from spreading germs to everything they touch.  This was back when Slimelung was lethal, so my idea was for this new disease to be much milder and easier to spread by comparison.

Archived