[Game Update] - 389558

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters:

Just a quick update to keep the experiment going. The custom art content for the Kashio fight is starting to come in! 

• Sal's Afterburner Gloves no longer trigger on counter attacks
  • Set up Kashio's new anims (no FX yet)
  • Reduced burn on Afterburner Gloves from 5 to 4
  • Kashio counters every second turn with the pistol

View full update

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure why, but some times Kashio starts every single turn by doing an attack that applies 3 wound. It's hella oppressive, and borderline unwinnable if she has an enforcer fighting with her. I feel like applying wounds with her attacks (and, to a lesser degree, exposed) should be limited to an artifact bonus, not be a default attack of hers. 

I've definitely noticed the improvement in deck quality with the requirement of Prestige 2+. Now the worst decks are still quite decent. I've upped the difficulty to only taking one artifact. It's a very tough fight, will definitely need a pet to help.

I've also seen multiple decks with 2 Drusk cores, is that normal? It has never happened in my runs.

Sal still does her "fingergun" animation with some items. I believe I've seen it with the grenade suitcase.

• Like 1

Getting hit with a lot of game crashes when trying to finish up Day 1 of Sal's campaign. Also a bunch of broken text bubbles where instead of an NPC's name, it only says {target} or {actor}.

19 minutes ago, pacovf said:

I've also seen multiple decks with 2 Drusk cores, is that normal? It has never happened in my runs.

I remember seeing a deck with 3 drusk cores and another with a Shroog Fang and a Drusk Core.

• Like 1

• Developer

Just pushed another small update:

• Bleed cards from Kashio's Macro Rasp now go to your discard instead of your draw pile
  • Fixed bug with afterburner_gloves graft 
  • Fixed a bug on the Day Over screen, where the anims were being used before an agent was assigned to them, crashing the game
  • Fixed a bug with the card search in the compendium. The filter was getting the wrong object since encapsulating the cards in the lazy-load widgets

• Thanks 3

Don't underestimate Dermal Cast on Kashio, especially if you are playing a bleed deck. The "whenever Kashio gains a debuff" cause triggers not just on the first instance of the debuff, it triggers even if she already has bleed. Every time you apply bleed, basically 2 or 3 point of bleed is negated by that effect. For a bleed deck to beat this it has to be very well built.

It doesn't do much against decks such as combo or discard decks, and even wound decks.

I feel like this either does nothing against you, or is very devastating against the player if they play a specific deck. Seems fine unless the devs don't want the player to hate draft this graft whenever possible.

Honestly, with the changes to Sonic Pistol and Macro Rasp, Kashio feels pretty good to fight against. I still personally would much prefer the Burn from Afterburner to be an Incepted card like Bleed cards rather than the Burn status effect, but I still havent had enough fights against it to really say anything about it other than its better than old Macro Rasp. I do hate that the Unstable Drone's stacks drop by one everytime the Burn aoe damages it, I really hope thats a bug.

Now I can sometimes beat Kashio with only one item selected.

I need to be very lucky with the grafts, deck, social boon, and available artifacts in order to beat Kashio though. For the artifact, I almost always choose the one that removes the most power from Kashio, rather than how good the artifacts themselves are. For example, blast chamber or grenade if I don't have good defensive options, or they both exist at the same time; the pistol is a high priority unless I have a counter deck, or maybe bleed deck; support beacon has less priority than the previous ones, but is still important to prevent an enforcer from spawning, especially if you don't have enough energy to deal with the enforcer; the defense gaining graft is important if your deck is slow, or no other good options are available; the health gaining one if you are playing bleed deck and your deck is not that good.

I also found that combo decks, especially the one with the graph that gives you defense based on the amount of combo you have, can beat the boss more easily. A good discard deck can also beat kashio easily. Bleed deck is harder because it doesn't have a lot of defensive options. A defensive-counter deck can also work, provided if you have negative-effect removals like the triage kit or first aid from the smugglers, because the wounds are very devastating.

Consistent debuff removals are crucial in most decks to survive Kashio's wound debuff, unless your deck is very fast.

Summon items and pets if allowed will help drastically in the fight to provide additional damage and another target for Kashio.

Also you don't actually have to deal with Kashio's holograms, they will go away automatically at the end of player's turn. It mainly serves to soak up one or two hits from the player. It should be made clearer on the description.

• Thanks 1