Question about console commands

Hi, I am new to the game, and I want to play with my friends who are also new. I would like to know whether or not other players (my friends in my server) will see my console commands (spawning items, creative tools, godmode, etc). Thanks

I would not recommend cheating if you're playing with friends, as it's just generally a scummy thing to do, and if you're also new to the game then you might mess with the learning process by giving yourself an unearned advantage. But no, no one will be able to see console commands that you run, unless you mistakenly give yourself something you can't fit in your inventory (like giving 100 logs when you only have room for 80 more) or something that can't even be held (like accidentally giving yourself reeds, the plant, rather than cut reeds.)

4 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

I would not recommend cheating if you're playing with friends, as it's just generally a scummy thing to do, and if you're also new to the game then you might mess with the learning process by giving yourself an unearned advantage. But no, no one will be able to see console commands that you run, unless you mistakenly give yourself something you can't fit in your inventory (like giving 100 logs when you only have room for 80 more) or something that can't even be held (like accidentally giving yourself reeds, the plant, rather than cut reeds.)

Thanks a lot for your answer, very valid point :) 

Can close the thread , wasn't sure how to do that myself. 

3 hours ago, thetricker1 said:

what its the point of playing if you spawn whatever you need? i want to see these "players" playing 90's games...

edit. also you are worried about if other player can see your cheats xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Game Genie and Gameshark were a thing then.

Also, one point to playing with commands is to test things out without having to waste time gathering resources, waiting spawn time, walking. Another is creative mode if you're into that. And the last is dealing with potential griefers (by watching them without them knowing) and rot/twigs maintenance.

Archived