Drywall not working?

This is the last auto save.  I took the screen shot after using sandbox to delete the valve since the stupid dupes refused to go close it, and confirmed that the water was vanishing, then I quit without manually saving, so I'm not sure how much time was lost.

Galaxy 3 Cycle 487.sav

So I repeated it and I am pretty sure I have found a bug.  It appears that the water is boiling off, and then the steam condenses back into water because the drywall is cold, and for some reason, the water is traveling through the right wall and getting sucked out into space.  I used sandbox to add more water, and the heat gun to boil it, and once it stopped condensing on the cold drywall, it stopped being lost to space.

Did not used the save yet. But the water does not touch the regolith, and so there´s no heat transfer between them. There may be a small portion of gas inside, but it this is just a bit, there is simply no transfer. The regolith stays hot, the water cool, and so forever.

Suggestion: Liquid sensor at ~5kg combined with a gas sensor set to <1000g. That way the vent drips water until the floor is covered over the whole length and the pressure is below 1000g/tile. The gas pump should also only start > 1000g of steam. 

3 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

Did not used the save yet. But the water does not touch the regolith, and so there´s no heat transfer between them. There may be a small portion of gas inside, but it this is just a bit, there is simply no transfer. The regolith stays hot, the water cool, and so forever.

There is no water on the regolith in the screen shot because all of the water that did touch it boiled to steam.  After at least 1000 kg went into the room I deleted the valve to stop more from going in.

I seems to be working exactly correctly. 

I loaded up the save, finished the unfinished pipe and ran some water in, about 50kg/tile on all 4 bottom tiles, then turned off the valve and waited. The water stayed, eventually flashed to steam, and the steam mass was roughly the same as the original water mass. No loss as far as i can tell.

Perhaps your particular game was glitching? Try shutting down ONI (if it's still running) and reloading along with the save. It seems to work exactly like it should, at least on my computer.

And BTW nice base, you run with far more dupes than i do ;) 

1 minute ago, NurdRage said:

And BTW nice base, you run with far more dupes than i do ;) 

Really?  Wow... I thought I was small population guy.  I was at 12 for the longest time and finally decided I should take one a few more to have for astronauts.

1 minute ago, NurdRage said:

Perhaps your particular game was glitching? Try shutting down ONI (if it's still running) and reloading along with the save. It seems to work exactly like it should, at least on my computer.

Weird... I reloaded the save and the same thing happened again.  I can see a visual glitch that you can't quite identify but I believe is the water re condensing in space then vanishing to the right of the top tile wall next to the storage compactor.  I fixed it only by using the sandbox mode heat gun to quickly heat the room up so that the water stopped condensing again after boiling.

The first time it happened, I had forgot to limit the flow rate on the valve and so full 10 kg packets were dumping into the room.  I set it to priority 9 and tried to lower it but after half a cycle, nobody would go adjust the valve.  By that point at least 1000 kg had gone in and that's when I noticed that the room was full of near vacuum instead of steam.  When I reloaded that save after posting this thread and putting the kids to bed ( and quitting ONI ) I got the valve limited to 25 g/s before the pump started going and it still kept boiling, and apparently condensing out in space and vanishing, until I used the heat gun.

Oh i'm a REALLY tiny population guy. i have about 6 dupes at cycle 400. i just like to play it that way.

As for the game issues, that is very weird. I'm running it a bit longer and it's chock full of steam now. It doesn't seem to be missing anything. I don't have any mods running and i don't see your save has any either. So this is very strange.

It seems to work exactly like it should on my computer.

Maybe try double walling?

i know it's more important to fix the actual problem but it's all can suggest short of reinstalling the game files (or using "verify files" in steam).

22 hours ago, NurdRage said:

Oh i'm a REALLY tiny population guy. i have about 6 dupes at cycle 400. i just like to play it that way.

Just went with 4 to cycle 900 on Aridio. Sometimes you have to go slow to survive. And Oxyferns do not reproduce. Usually stay at 3 until food and Oxygen is solved for a longer time and then go to 6. Later I go to 12, but I never had more than 16 even in very long games. My dupes tend to idle a lot as it is with 12.

49 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Just went with 4 to cycle 900 on Aridio. Sometimes you have to go slow to survive. And Oxyferns do not reproduce. Usually stay at 3 until food and Oxygen is solved for a longer time and then go to 6. Later I go to 12, but I never had more than 16 even in very long games. My dupes tend to idle a lot as it is with 12.

I haven't tried any of the new world types yet, but I normally stick with 4 for quite some time surviving off of algae terreriams, then once I get an electrolyzer going I normally go to 8, and eventually to 12.   Now that I am finally going to get into rocketry this game I thought I should go to 14 or 16 so I can keep a few in space all the time.  God if I could ever finish this rocket I can finally blast off!

Archived