Grass Gekkos keep spawning ?

i recently started a new world and started a relatively small grass farm (definitely smaller than 5 tiles) with walls around it to trap grass gekkos when they spawned so that no more would spawn. this hasn't worked at all surprisingly because very often more grass gekkos keep spawning inside the pen and i'm not sure why. i don't know if this is unintentional or if this is a new feature, i just couldn't find anything about it! 

6 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

Are the gekkos dieing due to something attacking them, such as bees, or are you amassing more and more gekkos in the pen?

i have a ton of them inside the pen alive. some of them get out and die but the ones near the grass are alive.

17 hours ago, arcuirli said:

i recently started a new world and started a relatively small grass farm (definitely smaller than 5 tiles) with walls around it to trap grass gekkos when they spawned so that no more would spawn. this hasn't worked at all surprisingly because very often more grass gekkos keep spawning inside the pen and i'm not sure why. i don't know if this is unintentional or if this is a new feature, i just couldn't find anything about it! 

That is good news if true.

unless there was a change that wasn't noted. I believe they will spawn to a certain number cap within a certain tile range.  once that cap is met they do not spawn.  They only spawn to begin with when a player harvests grass.  Are you adding more tufts into the missing slots as they spawn?  As long as they are in a pen and can't escape to wander away from the planted grass i do not know why they would be spawning still.

Archived