Best event for Rook (change my mind)

i didn't exactly like krog's weighted coin mostly because it has no benefit if it lands on heads or snails multiple times. it definitely helps if you have a deck based on headstrong cards, but it discourages constant gambling, something i base my decks on more.

Just now, s5unaMe said:

Haven't tried his coin but it seems to week comparing to normal.

it has a 90% chance of landing heads, but no benefit for landing heads or snails

in other words, that ain't a typo. there's damn near no benefit to constant gambling since it damn near always lands heads

On 23-12-2019 at 3:43 PM, Wumpus the 19th said:

i didn't exactly like krog's weighted coin mostly because it has no benefit if it lands on heads or snails multiple times. it definitely helps if you have a deck based on headstrong cards, but it discourages constant gambling, something i base my decks on more.

it has a 90% chance of landing heads, but no benefit for landing heads or snails

in other words, that ain't a typo. there's damn near no benefit to constant gambling since it damn near always lands heads

There are quite a few cards that if you land Heads, their effects will be fully applied and if it lands Snails they won't. If you happen to own a few of these cards it's a really powerful coin/deck.

Here's some of them:
Blank: 1-3 dmg Gamble (Heads: Gain 2 bonus damage) -- 5 dmg is good
Blockade: Gamble (Heads: Apply 2 Composure to all your arguments) -- really good aoe composure
Head Split: Gamble (Heads: Deal 4 damage to all enemy arguments) -- nice aoe damage
Headbang: 3-8 dmg Heads: Double this card's damage. Gamble (haven't tested this one myself, never had it, 16 dmg sounds nice though).

Headshot: Targets a random argument. Whenever you get Heads play this if it is in your discard pile. This card is downright broken imo. Often what I do is when I go Diplomacy is wait with levelling up my second Coin toss card because there's no point upgrading it to "Set the Coin" if you're hopefuly going to be lucky enough to get the Krog one anyway. So just go double toss upgrade on both cards basicaly.
Back to Headshot, what you can then do is play Boosted Headshot with 2x double coin toss for free 20 damage when it's in your discard pile. When you have Fallout running alongside it, it's another 4x2 dmg (2dmg/toss).

Head Turner: (Heads: Deal max damage. Prepared: Gain 1 Action). 1-4 dmg -- so 4 dmg guaranteed

One more from Manipulation that has good synergy with Krog's coin:
Dead Draw: Draw 2 cards then Gamble. Heads: Those cards cost 1 less untill played. -- So you'll probably get to play 2 cards for free. Just had a run with that mech buddy following me who's argument let's you play the first card of every turn twice. It was awesome combined with Dead Draw.

I agree with you though, if you cant abuse some of the cards with it you are better off staying on Marsh Coin I think for the extra Composure.

Here is my Head Shot gamble deck with Krog's Weighted coin: 

Cards:  Key card: Spotty and Head Shot, and cards that let you draw, Bluff is best since it's cost 0 on head which is 90% of time :D, Dead Draw, Raw, Just make sure that you have more than 10 cards. If you got cards that let you prepare card or discard you can add some Gab in

Graft: Parietal Integrator: Let you discard 2 > 4 cards at the start, Kickoff + Cranial Patch + Krog's Coin is perfect, and graft that let you draw cards at the start, Memory lock if you have Gab in your deck. and...DONE. If thing gone right you will win any Negotiation immediately.

Here is how its work: at the start of the Negotiation: discard all the Head Shot card (Parietal Integrator), when Raw (updated into discard) is up it will draw card and help discard more head shot, when you draw you gamble (Spotty), when you gamble and get Head (90% of the time - Krog coin) you draw (Cranial Patch) its create a loop, Bluff will let you draw for 0 on head, so you soon get your hand full and all the Head Shot in your discard pile and when the 10% snail kick in you stop draw and since all the Head Shot in your discard pile, it will pop-up a multiple time and and finish nearly every negotiation on turn 1. if not you still have 3 action point to spent on Bluff to start the loop again: draw > gamble > head (90%) > draw > gamble... since your hand is full all the head shot will go straight to the discard pile and will pop-up when the loop stop at some point , and you still have 2 action point to restart the loop if some how your opponent still survive the second loop.

So, Krog's Weighted coin is the best coin (for me), 

Archived