I just thought of something...

Moonlight transform Woodie, Wilba and pigs into their respective wereforms. It will also transform other entities, like flowers and mushrooms and the likes.

Monster meat ALSO transforms Woodie, Wilba and pigs into their respective wereforms.

Does this mean monster meat is actually mutated normal meat? If this is the case, monsters such as spiders and hounds may have been innocent creatures at some point, but has become mindless beings of insatiable hunger that attacks anything in sight as a result of too much exposure to the moon.

Come to think of it, werepigs behave very similarly. They eat anything in sight and are completely mindless. It's just that they can't stay in their wereform for long enough to become mutated to the bone. But if a pig where to stay in their wereforms for long enough, would he become mutated for good? Would he forever lose what little pigfolk he had left, and become a mindless beast solely based of consumption?

Would Woodie become a mindless monster should he be left in his form for long enough? He does turn back with 0 hunger after all...

If this is all the case, Them might not be the only bad guys we have to deal with. The moon might be equally responsible for the fall of the constant as the shadows.

Sounds interesting but there're some theory-holes here and there.

The biggest one is the fact that there are creatures like Treeguards and Depth Worms. Treeguards aren't completely mindeless as they only protect their kind and are willing to leave you alone if you plant enough saplings. Depth Worms dwell in caves where 'Moon' is powerless. I guess however that we could speculate that 'Moon' influenced ancient creatures. Like ancient enough that odd skeletons were still roaming the earth. Then we could go on talking about evolution and what not, which would support your theory.

I wouldn't call 'Moon' the bad guy however. Take a look at Carrats, Saladmanders and most importantly: Wormwood. They are very much cute and friendly. If 'Moon' were to exterminate all animal-based life from Constant then we'd end up with the same Constant just everything dropping leafy meat.

Also...

Klei it'd seem that you need to drop/start working on some lore as community is very much lore-starved as evidenced by all these treads popping up.

4 hours ago, Terra_Zina said:

Moonlight transform Woodie, Wilba and pigs into their respective wereforms. It will also transform other entities, like flowers and mushrooms and the likes.

Monster meat ALSO transforms Woodie, Wilba and pigs into their respective wereforms.

Does this mean monster meat is actually mutated normal meat?

If this were the case, wouldn't werepigs (AKA "already-mutated sacks of meat" according to your theory) drop monster meat as well?

5 hours ago, Rinkusan said:

If this were the case, wouldn't werepigs (AKA "already-mutated sacks of meat" according to your theory) drop monster meat as well?

Basically in the same post:

10 hours ago, Terra_Zina said:

It's just that Werepigs can't stay in their wereform for long enough to become mutated to the bone.

2 hours ago, Charesque said:

Basically in the same post:

Oh sorry, I didn't catch that for some reason. 
That being said, I still find the theory questionable because if monster meat is regular meat mutated by lunar magic, then why is it only woodie and the pigs who transform and not literally any meaty creature? I mean, you can feed a bird hundreds of monster meat, and they still won't transform.

Archived