"Ghost of gravitas" achievement - bugged?

Steam says 11% of players have this achievement, which means about 1/3 of all players who started the game have it (the "most achieved" achievement has 30%), so it is somewhere between "very easy" and "utterly trivial".

I can't get it to unlock. Does it require a particular map, such as the default world? Do I need to clear the list of unlocked database entries so that I unlock a database entry "for the first time"?

The Ghost of Gravitas achievement is not directly attached to the Gravitas Facility, at all.

In its description, it says to observe a data log or building inside the abandoned facility, but this is incorrect. On the three worlds I've started since the launch upgrade, every time I've gotten this achievement was by opening a door in a ruin somewhere else in the asteroid. Specifically, one of the ruins that require a bio-scanner submission to open the door, not a door opened by automation.

It's bugged. Make a fresh save to get it, open any bioscan door before you bother with an outhouse et voila. But on my big, older colony it never came.

No idea what exactly breaks it. Cycle number? Dupe amount? Building something? Could be anything that happens at some point in the early-ish game.

I spent two days over the holiday trying to debug this achievement after I realized at Cycle 1050 I wasn't going to get my 100% achievement playthrough.

I can confirm it is triggered by a bioscan door and has nothing to do with the Gravitas building on the surface.  I can also confirm that something happening in 'early game' disables triggering this achievement.

I was able without fail to start a new game on a random seed, and on the same seed I had been playing, immediately pop debug/sandbox, instadig/build a path to a door, submit bioscan, and pop the achievement.

So I started over on my seed.  Every 3 days when the printer spawn reminded me I would save, pop debug, blaze a path to the POI and see if I could trigger the achievement.  If I could, I would reload the save and keep playing.  If the achievement did not trigger, I would reload a few times and see if I could get it.  Reloading and trying again never once worked for me.  If it was broken, it stayed broken.  Granted I'd usually only try 4-5 times before I'd give up on that particular save.

But then I'd go back a cycle and recheck, and so on until I found the last 'good' save.  With one exception, if I could trigger the achievement, I could continue to trigger it, so I'd continue on.

Around Cycle 30 as I was getting close to the POI on my seed in survival I started having to reload a lot.  I stopped researching, taking new dupes, learning new skills, etc.  Still had issues, still no idea what was disabling the achievement.  I started reloading and tweaking my path to the POI itself and finally got it on Cycle 36.

I believe you should be able to get the achievement on any fresh seed, but something fairly common happening in early game disables getting it.  Just not sure what, or how to avoid it.

• Developer

So we had a look and found that there is some weirdness that was introduced in the performance update!

The only way to trigger the achievement consistently is if you reveal a POI with bio scan access (so that it gets spawned), and then enter it in the same play session. All other cases will probably not work as intended, right now.

This is fixed and should be in the next hotfix, so that it's consistent again.
Thanks for the details and the reports!

8 hours ago, Alphasoldier90 said:

Pardon the bump, but I'm currently going on a 100% achievement run, and have not yet gotten this achievement while I have already discovered the entire map. Will it still be possible to get this after the hotfix?

Nope, I tried.

You need to generate a new bioscan door. As in, explore the map bits that are not just unseen, but actually ungenerated (you can tell freshly generated areas by plants having no products lying around, no eggshells etc.). One of those ungenerated areas has to include a bioscanner door.

Archived