Weird World Generation

It'll happen often if you set the worldconfig "Branches" to often and "Loops" to none. The world gen sometimes attemps to stuff 2 biomes into one land branch. I think it only occurs because biomes try to avoid contact with each other but sometimes there is not enough place to put a river inbetween them and 2 biomes fuse into one, often creates mosaic biomes (not the real one) and sometimes a real island.

One day, on DS reign of giants, I had a wormhole which lead me to a small island. Forest biome, almost the screen size. That was weird. I didnt use it for anything, but the archipel idea in DST could be something. Or at least 1 or 2 separate pieces.

On your screen, the moon biome is so close that building a real bridge is like a priority.

Could Klei manage to put the moon island always far from the main land, or as we see, its random, but should it be random or should we all have a minimum of distance ? I'm fine with the random thing. But give me "constructibles".

Archived