Recommendations for combat decks?

Greetings!
I'm struggling a little bit with coming up with some new decks. I noticed various changes on Combo, but I still can't come up with a decent one. Maybe one that is focused on always consuming 0 actions?

My strongest (and most fun) deck to build is still the discard deck. I love that deck deeply, I keep reusing it. It always delivers interesting options every turn!

I'm looking for alternative play styles though, so, any suggestion? What's your current favourite deck?
I'm playing on alpha build (non-experimental) at P7, no "modifiers".

There are a few combat-viable decks that I'm aware of:

• Combo
  • Bleed
  • Discard
  • Draw (Basically, use Slaughter after playing a ton of cards, and combine this with Wretched Strike to deal a ludicrous amount of damage in one hit. Useful cards include: Concentrate, Adept, Slaughter, 0-cost cards to combo with Slaughter, and the set piece, Wretched Strike. Always upgrade WS to Pale Wretched Strike.)
  • Counter (More effective by yourself. Destroys Jakes Smugglers and Bartenders in particular. Build a huge amount of Counter, which is best accomplished by using Rebound and the card that gives you Counter equal to damage dealt).
  • Power-stacking

Decks that don't feature any of the above archetypes can still be viable if a ton of Stun cards are tossed into the deck.

My favorite of the bunch is discard, but I find draw to be a fun one when it works.

Hey @ArtixBot thanks for the answer!

How does the bleed deck works? I was testing that the other run, but it became evident that due to 4-actions limit, it wasn't trivial.
Also with the discard deck, if your deck is small and you have the discard-inflict-2-bleed card, the bleeding becomes extremely high.
Counter is interesting too. I remember doing something similar with a "side spec" of the discard deck and reaching stuff like 38 counter that disintegrated parties (coupled with 40+ defense, for my happiness)

1 hour ago, Fire-Dragon-DoL said:

Hey @ArtixBot thanks for the answer!

How does the bleed deck works? I was testing that the other run, but it became evident that due to 4-actions limit, it wasn't trivial.
Also with the discard deck, if your deck is small and you have the discard-inflict-2-bleed card, the bleeding becomes extremely high.
Counter is interesting too. I remember doing something similar with a "side spec" of the discard deck and reaching stuff like 38 counter that disintegrated parties (coupled with 40+ defense, for my happiness)

Usualy you want to open with cards that let you apply Bleed stacks like Lacerate & Burst. Then you can debuff with Gash (Wound/Cripple). Hemorrhage is more like a finisher (dmg scales with Bleed stacks you've already applied), so big burst dmg is possible. Slice really starts shining once you can have long turns with 0 cost action cards like Spare Blades & Silent Steel & Grafts for more actions or cards that give you more action like Footwork/Exertion, since Slice scales with amount of cards played that turn. For fighting multiple enemies at once; Kradeshi Barbstorm/Bloodbath/Hemophage is probably the god combo. When I can I usualy get 2x Leach aswell and upgrade it so it gives 2HP/Bleed stack, getting 40hp back should be very doable.

For Grafts always get Arterial Scanner in Bleed decks (probably the best graft for Bleed?) Cloth Hammer is good too.

Sharpen is ok aswell but more in late-game imo. Barnacle is more like a defensive option but like Hemorrhage only gets big value if you have already big Bleed stacks applied.

My fav deck to play atm is Bleed/Discard.

Bleed: works well if you can keep stacking on it. Some cards let's you apply heal with bleed, you basically can't really die. Pretty stable deck.

Combo: High burst damage. As long as you don't get hit too often or you had a reliable source of combo. Cards and gadgets that apply defense according to your combo is useful if not essential, as long as you're not taking health damage you're combo will say. 

Defense/Counter: Rely on stacking your defense and counter, don't need to say too much about that. Can be build from a semi combo build.

I prefer these over discard decks.

Hey, first of all - join an experimental side! :D Just copy your profile data and all progress will be saved (I hope so).

To be honest it's really hard to start playing something new when your build works cool. I've played a lots of different builds but completely stuck at Sparring (social graft). Pick it every time I see. But if you'll break a barrier and will start picking new cards you will end up in some very cool and interesting spot. Discovering new strategies is fun. 

So about bulds there is also wound + ally combo (it has worked for me cool but I've made it only once).

btw you can turn off some sets wich do not offer combo cards so it would be a little bit easier to buld such kind of deck.

3 hours ago, s5unaMe said:

Hey, first of all - join an experimental side! :D Just copy your profile data and all progress will be saved (I hope so).

To be honest it's really hard to start playing something new when your build works cool. I've played a lots of different builds but completely stuck at Sparring (social graft). Pick it every time I see. But if you'll break a barrier and will start picking new cards you will end up in some very cool and interesting spot. Discovering new strategies is fun. 

So about bulds there is also wound + ally combo (it has worked for me cool but I've made it only once).

btw you can turn off some sets wich do not offer combo cards so it would be a little bit easier to buld such kind of deck.

Interesting! I didn't know you could disable sets! Also, what kept me from experimental was having to farm all sets again, as well as paragon, but if I can copy the save, i'll definitely do that! 

1 hour ago, Fire-Dragon-DoL said:

Interesting! I didn't know you could disable sets! Also, what kept me from experimental was having to farm all sets again, as well as paragon, but if I can copy the save, i'll definitely do that! 

Ya, you can disable all but 1st and 3d sets to increase chanses of getting Combo cards

Archived