Atmo suit charge when moving

Can you charge up an atmo suit at one dock that has access to power and oxygen, then order dupes to move it to another unpowered dock without any oxygen, and have it retain the charge from the first dock and be ready to use at the second?  I think I tried this once a long time ago and thought that it did not because the charge bar on the destination dock was still empty, but now I'm wondering if that really indicated the charge of the suit, or how much oxygen was stored in the dock and ready to recharge a suit?

Just tested, why you would want dupes to move them manually though is a bit odd, the only thing that would make sense is if you have dupes in atmo suits full time, and need them to orderly take them off say to put on a jetsuit? But if you really want to waste yours and dupes time you can have just a row of docks and no checkpoint filling up atmo suits that you can move to other docks with checkpoints

You don't need to connect any power lines or vents, just set the dock to be left empty, and the suit itself does keep its store of oxygen, and the dupes can put it back on, you can even see the levels of oxygen left in the suit. Click on your dupe, go to bio scroll down to equipment and hover over the atmo suit.

The bar is indeed showing the oxygen stored in the dock, which is independent from the oxygen stored in the suit.

I can see a use for this in setting up a temporary outpost to dig something out quickly, if you haven't moved to 100% uptime suits yet.

Yea, I was thinking of doing it to set up a temporary suit area not near an existing source of oxygen and wanting to avoid needing to run pipes to supply the oxygen.

Also I think I noticed last night that the dock only consumes power for like 1 or 2 seconds while it is actually charging the suit, and I'm pretty sure that a freshly made suit comes charged with oxygen already.  Shame you can't deconstruct them and rebuild them for free oxygen ;)

Archived