The Bat Bat has a durability of 75 hits and deals only 42.5 damage. While it does leech health from enemies, it also lowers sanity. Taking into consideration the cost to make this item, the bat bat is almost never worth it. Currently, it is more mediocre than a dark sword or ham bat, which are far easier to make. It's a very interesting idea for a weapon, but honestly needs a buff in order to be even slightly practical. 

Doubling durability could be a good start, or they could keep the low durability and boost its damage output/health leech to be a very specialized weapon used for tanking bosses. I suppose this is already the intent of the item, but I'd rather carry a dark sword and some good healing items.

Bat bat is one of the many things players just don't have time, resources or dedication to make. I mean, it's so unused to the point that many would rather just feed the wings to their pet bird and get eggs. How do we fix that? I like your increased damage/healing over durability. People make this to heal, not to hit nonstop. One thing is making it deal dark sword damage or slightly less like a thulecite club. It won't have the damage like both top-tier weapons but it will have the healing those two don't have.

I think the BatBat is fine as is honestly.

I've been usong them a lot more recently not as a weapons, but as a means of healing (about 13 perogies worth of healing). It's great for characters like Wormwood and Warly, where healing food is either non-existant (Wormwood) or cumbersome (Warly).

I've also used them to clear the Ruins, where about 1-2 Bat Bats is more than enough for the whole clearing (and the fact that the Labyrinth typically gives you some Bat Bats to use as well). The sanity drain on the Bat Bat is also offset by you always being insane down there anyways.

Just my two cents.

I'm pretty sure they increased the bat wing's drop rate for Hallowed Nights, I get a lot more than usual and once I even got the 5 wings needed for the bat bat from the 6 bats from one sinkhole.

I don't know whether these drop rates will remain after the HN event, but if it would then I think the bat bat would be quite viable. 

Archived