Why is online local co-op broken?

What's going on with the game? I've got a 2nd controller on my primary playstation where I have PS Plus, and yet the 2nd account always connects as OFFLINE with no option to go into online mode. This is excruciatingly irritating since I didn't have this problem a year ago. What is the work-around to resolve the issue?

Might have something to do with your second psn account. Sometimes after updating your console or for whatever reason you sign off automatically you must log in again into the Playstation Network on all your accounts saved on your ps4. You should try that and see if it fixes it. The game is fine. Also be sure to take your time when Logging in into don't starve together, if you keep pressing select you'll join in offline mode.

• Developer
On 10/21/2019 at 8:02 AM, JDiceArt777 said:

Does the 2nd account have PS+? 
I believe that might be a thing now. My gf and I play local online co-op all the time. But i tried to play it with my daughter (no PS+) and it wouldn't let her join online. 

PSN should allow all players on the PS4 to play online (as if they have PS+) as long as one person with PS+ has the console set up as their "primary" PS4. This happens as an OS level, the game knows nothing about it. 

Parental controls could also be keeping your daughter from being able to play online. She can't have any restrictions on user generated content or language filtering (I can't remember what Sony calls it), otherwise her account is stuck in offline mode. There should be popups on sign-in that explain that though, if that's the case.

44 minutes ago, Mrsbloo said:

It shouldnt matter if second person is plus or not. My husband is plus and I'm not and I play on my name. He is the main account holder as plus on oir ps4 so I'm able to play. I agree is kuro_kira

Were you able to get it working after following @Kuro_kira's advice? It sounds like you did but I wanted to check.

Archived